PDA

View Full Version : finally deep silver!!

rsarge1
08-05-2011, 04:55 PM
well guys its been a while for me to have anything worth posting but here it is .
I met up with RTD and we went up to the mountains to a hidden park off the main road, and to say it was trashy is a mild word for it LOL :hairpulling: :hairpulling: I started out using a coin and jewelry coralate program but then quickly switched to Jacks coin and jewelry coralate program with a twist I put it in stereo mixed mode, Yes it was noisy but I was able to also pick out the good targets better so I heard all the targets in the left headphone and when the right side sounded off I would double check it. using this helped a great deal with finding the coins and made me slow down my hunt. I was finding a lot of clad dimes about 4-5 inches deep, but the winner was finding the 1953 silver quarter, :girlcry: it showed a nice 88 vdi and was at 7 inches, I'd even say it might have been at least another inch or so. I walked back to where RTD was to show him thinking I finally got him LOL, but as I walked up to him he pulled a silver quarter out of the ground which was about 10 years older. >:{ >:{ oh well it was a beautiful day while hunting I caught a glimpse of a mountain lion :omg: prowling around close by and me without my gun LOL lucky for us he didn't want anything to do with us and he kept on going.
We then went into a small town nearby and hunted a park where I seen a Doe and 2 fawns out for a stroll man this hobby is great!!! getting to see things you normally would'nt as well as getting out of the house and city.
On the way back home we found a construction crew leveling off an area for a parking lot so we stopped and asked if we could detect it, you never know lol the foreman said sure no problem but to no avail we didnt find anything, as we were getting ready to leave the foreman asked me if we could search a yard to find his girlfriends lost diamond engagement ring, to which I jumped at the chance to do it, so I gave him my metal detecting card and he will be calling me for a hunt maybe this weekend. happydance02 happydance02
heres the pics I used my new phone camera and it actually took better pics than my regular camera so I guess its time to look for a new camera LOL, thanks for looking.

MassDirtFisher
08-05-2011, 05:01 PM
Congrats on the silver Quarter!! I know the feeling, I was out a few years back and had a bear within 50 ft of me, I thought for sure he was going to head my way,but he turned away and didnt even care I was there. Strange for sure. Sorry for rambling , Happy Hunting!!

JTGOLD
08-05-2011, 05:03 PM
one silver is better than no silver,very good hunt.

OxShoeDrew
08-05-2011, 05:20 PM
What a day! I might be more excited to see a Mt lion than to get the silver :)

Cheap Thrills
08-05-2011, 07:07 PM
Way to go on the silver quarter and clad . thumbsup01 thumbsup01.Be careful out there , you don't want to end up being Cat food .
Good luck finding that engagement ring that would be real cool . :happydance01:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-06-2011, 06:31 AM
nice silver! hope ya do well at the house! :groovy:

aloldstuff
08-06-2011, 06:46 AM
Congrats on the silver. Cool story about the Mt lion. I quess we have to keep our heads up.

coinnut
08-06-2011, 09:40 PM
Congrats on scoring some silver :clapping: Love being in nature but you may end up as prey lol Someone told me they carry a can of hornet spray just for those reasons. It probably won't kill them, but it has a heck of a spraying range, and can buy you that valuable time needed to get away. Good luck on finding that lost ring thumbsup01