PDA

View Full Version : SAT CELLAR HOLE*ANOTHER LARGE CENT

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-06-2011, 08:34 PM
Got out with Gary today.hit a few holes.all were so quiet not even iron was ringing out.a few bleeps of iron here n there seriously like these sites were hoover vacumed cleaned.i never experienced this before.last hole was the same super quiet except for 2 nice sounding targets far away from the hole.one was a brass oval shaped ring and just about to call it quits from exhaustion and a lackluster day when i got the LC signal at 5 inches next to a big tree :shocked04:stretcher:
and out pops a no dater matron head.
never seen a tree growing out of a well have you guys? well maybe whoever vacumed this site has seen it rofl

last pictures are of a few things i picked up at a barn sale on the way up.2 late 1800's bottles and a naval button $2 for all :happydance01: any ideas on the age of the button ? civil war? later perhaps?

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-06-2011, 08:36 PM
more pics

coinnut
08-06-2011, 09:11 PM
Hey you scored a copper too lol Just as nice a condition as mine was today rofl Cool looking bottles. They looked like they are tumbled. He must have been a collector or bottle digger. The button you have is Alberts NA112. That is the good news, but the backmark should be R&W Robinson. The post 1850 ones have many different makers, so yours is post 1850. The real bad news is that this pattern was used up until 1941 :girlcry: So there you have it lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-06-2011, 09:14 PM
Hey you scored a copper too lol Just as nice a condition as mine was today rofl Cool looking bottles. They looked like they are tumbled. He must have been a collector or bottle digger. The button you have is Alberts NA112. That is the good news, but the backmark should be R&W Robinson. The post 1850 ones have many different makers, so yours is post 1850. The real bad news is that this pattern was used up until 1941 :girlcry: So there you have it lol

Thanks for the button info G. a buck for it so no big deal

coinnut
08-06-2011, 09:24 PM
Thanks for the button info G. a buck for it so no big deal

Definitely worth that and more :yes: Could be an older one too. You gotta find someone who collects them and see when that backmark was used. I would have scoffed that up in a minute lol

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-06-2011, 09:55 PM

what do ya mean tumbled? and what ya think of that tree growing out of well? :shocked04:stretcher:

coinnut
08-06-2011, 09:59 PM
what do ya mean tumbled? and what ya think of that tree growing out of well? :shocked04:stretcher:

To get bottles that are stained, or have what is termed as sick glass clean, you need to tumble them. All the privey guys do it and they come out squeeky clean lol If I had the set up like they do, I would clean all of mine that way. But it is time consuming. :rolleyes: That tree is pretty cool. Must be just the right amount of water in there to keep that tree happy.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-06-2011, 10:01 PM
To get bottles that are stained, or have what is termed as sick glass clean, you need to tumble them. All the privey guys do it and they come out squeeky clean lol If I had the set up like they do, I would clean all of mine that way. But it is time consuming. :rolleyes: That tree is pretty cool. Must be just the right amount of water in there to keep that tree happy.

well the pics are decieving the clear brewing (ale)bottle still has a good stain on the inside.but thanks for that explanation on tumbling thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
08-07-2011, 01:21 AM
WOW , more great finds and pictures !!!! Awesome stuff !!! :clapping: :cool: thumbsup01 thumbsup01

aloldstuff
08-08-2011, 07:12 AM
Well another copper never hurt anybody. That tree has got prime real estate. Nice pictures

RobW
08-08-2011, 08:39 AM
Great finds! love them bottles..very cool