PDA

View Full Version : SO WHAT HAPPENED

BOWSER
08-07-2011, 03:56 PM
Where all the posters that came from that other forum,Imight be out of line,but always outspoken.Did all those people,too many to mention ,just dissappear or are they all the guests that we see. It is truly odd to me,by the shear number of people that signed on here Maybe they started thier own forum or they all got virtual girfriends or boyfriends, just curious

Dimeman
08-07-2011, 07:19 PM
I'm still here-----haven't been out much because of the extreme heat and humidity. :(
In June there were 20 days of over 95 degree temps......July it was 28 days...and this month every day has been over 100.... :omg:
But I have been researching a few areas of excellent potential for silver coins---sure wish it would cool down --at least to the high 80's :daydream:

JTGOLD
08-07-2011, 10:58 PM
I'm still here too, thumbsup01

Toadman
08-08-2011, 04:14 PM
That other place was like home to a lot of us.. Seems tough to try to find a 'new' home and be totally comfy.... and tough to get the ambition to metal detect anymore also..At least i'll never have to buy any more equiptment ! :clapping:

del
08-08-2011, 04:29 PM
That other place was like home to a lot of us.. Seems tough to try to find a 'new' home and be totally comfy.... and tough to get the ambition to metal detect anymore also..At least i'll never have to buy any more equiptment ! :clapping:

what ... Rick your not detecting much anymore :eyebrow:
maybe you need another roadtrip to rekindle your passion for the hobby is all...

Toadman
08-08-2011, 04:35 PM
Del dude.. I aint been in months.. Maybe a road trip is exactly what i need :thinkingabout:

Hook
08-08-2011, 05:44 PM
I'm also hangin around in the weeds looking in at all the awesome stuff you guys find. i dont post much cuz i cant hope to compete!! (plus i dont find a lot of stuff worthy of posting) lol lol

del
08-08-2011, 05:52 PM
I'm also hangin around in the weeds looking in at all the awesome stuff you guys find. i dont post much cuz i cant hope to compete!! (plus i dont find a lot of stuff worthy of posting) lol lol

i only compete with the worked out sites we have to hunt , i just enjoy seeing other's finds and hearing about the hunt and excitement .

BOWSER
08-08-2011, 06:18 PM
I have not detected because i can't take the heat anymore,I will be detecting until i am compltely unable to health wise.Maybe the average forum member life is 4-5 years and it becomes less fun, who knows maybe some will be back,i will be here waiting.I'm comfrtable here ,it's just that i don't want to be the last man standing

OxShoeDrew
08-08-2011, 06:50 PM

what he said :yes:

OxShoeDrew
08-08-2011, 07:03 PM
example....the most interesting thing that happened on my hunt today was that I kept getting a signal in the middle range. I'd empty half of my trowel and check it for metal. It kept ringing on and off. I'd half it and half it until there was just microscopic particles. Then I gave up. The next hole I halved it again, it finally sounded on an empty plastic trowel. I said, What the @#$%^ Then I discovered I had a nickel IN MY GLOVE at the top of my middle finger. Ironic place for it. This is why I don't post much...oh and I found a deer jaw.....want pics? :cheesysmile:

BOWSER
08-08-2011, 07:56 PM
If you live in connecticut ,there's an awful lot of good stuff to be found there.good luck

whammy
08-08-2011, 09:30 PM
Hey Toad, I think you should pay a visit to Sandie again. You had good times there, and it might spark an intrest again. Dave :yes:

BOWSER
08-08-2011, 10:11 PM
he would prbably need to sell one of his mxt's just to drive there and back and i know thats not going to happen any too soon. Gas is 3.59 a gallon here

coinnut
08-08-2011, 10:17 PM
he would prbably need to sell one of his mxt's just to drive there and back and i know thats not going to happen any too soon. Gas is 3.59 a gallon here

I don't get it :dontknow: Can't he just hop down? lol

BOWSER
08-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Toads with bad backs don't go too far,and his front aint so hot either :rolleyes:

Toadman
08-09-2011, 08:18 PM
Lol !! Jim knows ! :clapping: :cheering:
:cheering:

MartinL
08-09-2011, 10:49 PM
I am here more than once everyday, but don't post much...and detect even less! Texas has had how-many-days of over 100 degrees, I lost count, some over 110. I went out to the coin garden(a few buried coins, a few surface coins and pull tab remnant, BIG garden huh!) and messed with some of the settings in the V3i. I tried digging a couple of holes in this over searched yard of mine in late evening a couple of times, and the depression of hitting can slaw, or even worse,,,dry holes, turned me off very fast just because of the sweating and suffering at my nearly 60 years of age. I don't miss tectin' that much right now ;-)

You do have a point though,,it seems that many of those from that other site faded to black. Fact is that some of the real veterans from all sites have seemingly gone missing for lengthy periods of time, maybe it is the summer heat. martin

odave
08-10-2011, 03:37 PM
I'm hear Jim :beerbuddy:

BOWSER
08-10-2011, 05:59 PM
hi dave i knew you were here i'm physic thumbsup01

sandals
08-11-2011, 09:24 AM
Hey Toad, I think you should pay a visit to Sandie again. You had good times there, and it might spark an intrest again. Dave :yes:

he is always welcome to come back.....but gas down here is still over $4.00!!!....I would love to go back up there.....but the temps have got to come down a bit, it is way to hot!!!

fastfwd
08-13-2011, 11:53 PM
Am i here ?? I been out looking for myself,if you should see me while im gone hold onto me until i get back !

2Old
08-14-2011, 09:50 AM
:omg: I'm here ---- physically- Not sure -- mentally --- :tongue: :tongue: :tongue:

BOWSER
08-14-2011, 07:03 PM
you never know when i will get abducted again :dontknow:

2Old
08-15-2011, 10:31 AM

You think they'll make the same mistake twice >:{

BOWSER
08-15-2011, 11:20 AM
You think they'll make the same mistake twice >:{
Only if they are relic hunting

coinnut
08-15-2011, 09:51 PM
I was abducted as a kid. They never do it twice lol You will never remember a thing :shocked01:

2Old
08-17-2011, 11:07 AM
Only if they are relic hunting

I think that means I'm in trouble :shocked04: Will I have time to pack??

pulltabsteve
08-17-2011, 05:07 PM
I was abducted as a kid. They never do it twice lol You will never remember a thing :shocked01:

That explains alot.... HI CNUT! :teasing:

coinnut
08-17-2011, 09:47 PM
That explains alot.... HI CNUT! :teasing:

What are you laughing at...you were abducted 4 times and they only returned you 3 :shocked01: :shocked01: :cheesysmile:

BOWSER
08-17-2011, 10:10 PM
They only take men on fridays,it makes for very long weekends.

2Old
08-18-2011, 11:51 AM
They only take men on fridays,it makes for very long weekends.

That explains it!! :omg: Why every fall millions for men gather in the bleachers on the weekends They put makeup on and act silly <: so they will be abducted. I bet all the Cheerleaders :cheering: are aliens |:confused:) put there to bait the men to the stadiums for the selection process. thumbsup01

fastfwd
08-19-2011, 12:18 PM

I remember that from the other forum ! We got in trouble for discussing the aliens and why they insist on using that Anal probe thingy !

BOWSER
08-19-2011, 07:10 PM
I think they thought it was a garretts product >8)