PDA

View Full Version : odd coin

randy
08-07-2011, 05:31 PM
Life has been hittin' hard lately, and I haven't been able to get out much or participate on the forum, but I did get out today for a couple of silver dimes, marking it 175 silvers for the year. :happydance01:

Also dug this curious coin, which was obviously worn as a pendant by someone. Rang 12-46 on the E-Trac, indicating copper/bronze. Anyone have a clue :crazy:

Ill Digger
08-07-2011, 05:57 PM
:confused: Hmm :dontknow: I haven't a clue .
But I bet it's something really old and super cool knowing you Randy! :poke: lol
I hope it's some super rare, ancient currency :daydream: :drool: :->

coinnut
08-07-2011, 07:37 PM
Um.... Nope! lol Not a clue. How do you Google something like that :confused: But a great find Randy ;)

tanacat
08-08-2011, 10:06 AM
That is really cool. We have a ancient coin dealer in our city- do you? I'm going to see him soon, I will take pics of it and show him if you haven't figured it out by then.

Maybe Marcus will know?? :eyebrow:

randy
08-08-2011, 07:19 PM
That is really cool. We have a ancient coin dealer in our city- do you? I'm going to see him soon, I will take pics of it and show him if you haven't figured it out by then.

I don't. I don't really have a city, actually. (I'm a country bumpkin, which makes existing in this so called modern world a challenge sometimes).

Anyway, I appreciate your offer, and I'd love to hear his opinion. I also posted it on a Minelab forum, where one poster suggested in was an Indian/Southeast Asian coin from the 1800s. The pic he posted was compelling, and that's likely what it is. Thanks again, and please post his opinion if you take the pic.

Mudder
08-08-2011, 07:59 PM
If my guess were worth anything I would say India, or one of those counties in that general area. It really is a cool find though

JTGOLD
08-11-2011, 08:14 AM
check out this site your coins are on there
http://www.joelscoins.com/india.htm

tanacat
08-12-2011, 03:39 PM
check out this site your coins are on there
http://www.joelscoins.com/india.htm

Good find JT! :beerbuddy:

Looks kinda like the ones from Kashmir to me.

I still haven't gone to that store. Going camping this weekend :happydance01: maybe next week- if you don't find it on this site :)

randy
08-12-2011, 03:52 PM
Good find JT! :beerbuddy:

Yes, excellent find JT, and I appreciate it. Things are still to hectic here to even read all of the forum, much less do this research.

But, to me, it looks like one of the coins from Bhutan. How cool is that? An 1800s coin from a small, obscure country half a world away. And if from Kashmir, the same holds.