PDA

View Full Version : Two Hour Hunt at Lake Cabin & Access Denied

milco
08-08-2011, 08:06 AM
I just got back from a week in Michigan. I always take my dectector along of course. Spent most of the time with family which we don't see too often, so I just got out one morning for two hours around my wife's aunt's cabin. Amazingly I found no silver this hunt, but pulled out twelve wheat cents from 1930 - 1957, and a whole pouch full of clad.

We stayed at a very nice lodge for the week. When we got there I look at it and saw it was built in 1919. I started drooling right away! Usually I am able to get permission to hunt no problem wherever we stay on this lake and whatever cabin we rent, but not this year. I had a hard time walking around there all week thinking of barbers, mercs and wheat cents with no detector in hand.

aloldstuff
08-08-2011, 08:35 AM
Denied, how dare they. Did they at least offer you a drool bucket? Next year stay at a different location. Congrats on all the wheats and clad

JTGOLD
08-08-2011, 11:11 AM
nice bunch of wheaties,wtg.

Mudder
08-08-2011, 07:09 PM
Boy, what a great site, and to be denied is a shame. I believe that I would have had to do some sleep walking.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-08-2011, 07:14 PM
that stinks <<<(not the word i wanted to use) hey it happens to all of us i'm sure.the word NO is a detectorists nightmare >:/ :crying02:

Ill Digger
08-08-2011, 07:37 PM
At least you were able to bring home a few keepers!
Congrats :grin:

....Next year stay at a different location.
:yes: Yep. I agree lol

angellionel
08-08-2011, 07:41 PM
Man, that had to be difficult for you to do....walking around just feeling the old coins under the ground. :shocked01: I would have had a hard time concentrating on anything else. lol The wheat cents you picked up at the cabin are in fairly nice shape. That's a good amount too.

jkress
08-09-2011, 09:49 PM
Glad to see you were out enjoying yourself on vacation. :yes:

You pulled some nice wheats from the cabin area... bummer about the resort. Metal detecting while on vacation = <:
Congrats.