PDA

View Full Version : NEW X-5 COIL

RobW
08-08-2011, 09:03 AM
On Friday afternoon I received my new X-5 coil from our sponsor NEW ENGLAND DETECTORS. He gave me a great deal and even threw in something a little extra for me thumbsup01 I received it 1 day after ordering it.

I had a spot in mind that I had wanted to try it out. It's heavy in surface trash, not to mention what is under the dirt too. So I went to an old mill/factory in a neigboring town. It was extremely slow going. I managed 2 wheats and the lock, along with some clad.

I then decided to try it at another close location that in the past has shown to be very trashy, but potential. I dug a lot of clad.

I began to wonder if I what I was finding was because with such a small coil, you are having to go much slower and of course you're covering much less surface area with each sweep...which o course leads to better seperation.

I was beginning to get a bit worn out, had a kid following me, tired of hearing another guy yelling at his kids, and I had a bit more time before I HAD to be home, so I decided to look for an old park that I had found in my research. Found the spot.......unfortunatly there were houses all over it >{. Meanwhile I had passed a good size ... for lack of a better term median It was in the cul de sac on a street that was surronded by old turn of the 20th cent houses. I changed back into the larger coil. About 5 sweeps in nailed a 37' Merc <:...I thought there was going to be a whole lot more......just clad. I did manage a nice ladies Seiko watch, just needs a new battery. I also found this other odd thing, which I have no idea, looks interesting, has something on the surface, but I need to clean it up to figure anything out.

aloldstuff
08-08-2011, 09:15 AM
Rob, if these pictures are from your new phone, great. glad to hear of the merc recovery. What no mention of the police:huh: What a busted weekend huh.

JTGOLD
08-08-2011, 11:00 AM
nice silver dime and neat find on the ladys watch,,GG.

RobW
08-08-2011, 11:13 AM
Rob, if these pictures are from your new phone, great. glad to hear of the merc recovery. What no mention of the police:huh: What a busted weekend huh.

Yeah I was leaving them out of the story

MassDirtFisher
08-08-2011, 04:12 PM
Great finds!! Cool coil, lots of slow swinging with that bad boy. But...The finds are impressive. Congrats, and Happy Hunting!!

del
08-08-2011, 04:27 PM
glad your happy with the x-5 coil Rob , sounds like you had very good results . :cheering:

What no mention of the police:huh: What a busted weekend huh.

Yeah I was leaving them out of the story

that almost sounds like your leaving out the best part of the story ,Rob :eyebrow: lol lol
so you didn't get a new pair of bracelets :dontknow:

Mudder
08-08-2011, 06:10 PM
Great looking watch, makes you wonder how it ended up there. Good job on picking up the Merc.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-08-2011, 07:12 PM
i think the more ya get used to it Rob the better the results will be

coinnut
08-08-2011, 10:14 PM
If you run that coil hot, (manual sens 26 and up) it can handle it. It goes pretty deep for a 5 (actually 5.5 I think) coil. It is a DD coil so you can imagine the small windshield wiper streak that you are actually detecting with. I knew you would be happy with Andrew and New England Detectors. He has always taken good care of me. :clapping: Hurry up and clean that other thing so I can sleep knowing what it is lol

jkress
08-09-2011, 09:44 PM
Great bunch of finds Rob. :clapping:
I am a newbie with the x-5 too. It does take some getting use to. :yes:
I get a lot of iron squeaks with mine. It certainly takes a different set of ears to get proficient with it.

My advice... take it to a fairly clean site and get a feel for how it sounds when over old coins. Doing so will give you
a baseline while using it in the intended trash.

It's a great coil for sure. :yes: