PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLE & CHURCH GREEN WITH SNIFFY* VINTAGE FIREMAN'S CUFFLINK

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-08-2011, 07:28 PM
Sniffy came down my way and we hit the cellar hole i dug the knee buckle & LC at.not much left there.
rain was coming down in buckets and i was drenched.off to another cellar hole ,dug a iron chape from a colonial buckle,sniff didnt want the axe head. then my machine crapped the bed.water in it :crying02: battered,broken & wet we put our tails between our legs and headed back to my house. then sun started pokin through.sniff goes wanna hit that green grab your other machine?
:drool: OK i said and we were off! 3 hours we spent at green. a colonial cloak button was the 1st target(had a flowered design on it),, some clad ,a wheatie, a enameled ring (even inside is enamel) and a real cool old broken firemans cufflink.couldn't find the connecting piece in the hole. got home and tried my machine.IT WORKS! good ole White's! :grin:

agbkyle
08-08-2011, 07:33 PM
Love that firemans cufflink...WTG

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-09-2011, 08:33 PM
Love that firemans cufflink...WTG
thanks!

pulltabsteve
08-09-2011, 08:39 PM
Dedication! Cool cufflink and axhead thumbsup01 I was waiting for the sink picture lol Hope its not clogged :beerbuddy: You do find the coolest stuff!

JTGOLD
08-09-2011, 09:31 PM
very good hunt and finds,wtg.

jkress
08-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Love the LC!!!! :smitten:
I sure wish they were just a tiny bit easier to find here in the middle of the country. I am up to a whopping copper count of 1. :embarrassed: lol
As always, nice finds.

milco
08-09-2011, 10:27 PM
Great bunch of finds!

Ill Digger
08-09-2011, 10:32 PM
Way to salvage the day thumbsup01 Glad to hear the rig still fires up too |:confused:)
What is the silver looking item? A handle off of somethin' ? :dontknow:
Great pictures as usual Dave!
Congrats on the keepers ! :grin:
Any ideas on the copper? :thinkingabout:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-10-2011, 06:34 AM
Way to salvage the day thumbsup01 Glad to hear the rig still fires up too |:confused:)
What is the silver looking item? A handle off of somethin' ? :dontknow:
Great pictures as usual Dave!
Congrats on the keepers ! :grin:
Any ideas on the copper? :thinkingabout:

thanks! not sure what it is :confused: it's silver plated though

aloldstuff
08-10-2011, 07:25 AM
Neither rain nor broken detector shall stop the serious. Sounds like a great day, love the finds

RobW
08-10-2011, 09:08 AM
Sounds like a fun time.....even if you were soaked, machine stopped working, and probably smelling a bit funky too lol

Mudder
08-10-2011, 09:13 AM
You got some really neat stuff to go along with getting wet. Congratulation!

coinnut
08-10-2011, 06:13 PM
Nice looking finds you got there. Congrats on the cloisonne ring. When my DFX used to get wet or frozen on occasion, :frozen: it would usually fire right back up after it dried (or heated) up lol I left an axe head at the last place I was at too >:# Can you get it for me Dave? lol Glad you got out, even though it rained you out a bit.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-10-2011, 08:36 PM
Nice looking finds you got there. Congrats on the cloisonne ring. When my DFX used to get wet or frozen on occasion, :frozen: it would usually fire right back up after it dried (or heated) up lol I left an axe head at the last place I was at too >:# Can you get it for me Dave? lol Glad you got out, even though it rained you out a bit.

thanks G for the ID on the ring
http://www.bonanza.com/listings/Vintage-Cloisonne-Rings-Birds-Egrets-Herons-Enamel-Size-9/25619082