PDA

View Full Version : Sunday group hunt

silver star
08-08-2011, 09:04 PM
Meet with few friends on Sunday morning for all day hunt. I got some neat relics and some coins and jewelry. My finds for hunt 1943 Quarter, 1962d Rosie, 1942s war nickel, 1935 Buff, 1899 IH, 1908 Barber dime made into ring, total of 9 wheat's, silver earring(broken), sterling stick:huh: its marked sterling Sharp & Smith Chicago and I checked the name on the internet and say it was part of surgical instrument from 1880. Also found Pompeian Bloom compact case for woman maybe from 1920, old bell, pocket knife, Vegas chip and about $10 in clad. Thanks for looking and good luck. HH Mike

angellionel
08-08-2011, 09:31 PM
That was a very good hunt. :happydance01: You managed plenty of nice finds. thumbsup01

Ill Digger
08-08-2011, 09:36 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: What!?! :confused: Were and when did you find that ring!?!?
You don't have to say on here lol Was I there when you found it? :eyebrow: lol
That thing is soooo cool!! :cool: Wow!!
Another amazing hunt Mike!! |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) :envious:
Congrats :grin:

silver star
08-08-2011, 09:48 PM
That was a very good hunt. :happydance01: You managed plenty of nice finds. thumbsup01
Thanks angel, good luck and HH. Mike

silver star
08-08-2011, 09:51 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04: :shocked04: What!?! :confused: Were and when did you find that ring!?!?
You don't have to say on here lol Was I there when you found it? :eyebrow: lol
That thing is soooo cool!! :cool: Wow!!
Another amazing hunt Mike!! |:confused:) |:confused:) |:confused:) :envious:
Congrats :grin:
Thanks Timmy :poke: No ring and some other finds in the picture I found that evening at that school we hunted in Wheaton. We should go back again to that place. HH Mike

aloldstuff
08-09-2011, 07:11 AM
Well if that wasn't a productive hunt, I don't know what is. Great recoveries and congrats

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-09-2011, 07:56 AM
love that ring! that's unique! thumbsup01

RobW
08-09-2011, 10:54 AM
Great finds and I agree that ring is wicked cool!

JTGOLD
08-09-2011, 11:48 AM
very good hunt and nice finds.

Cheap Thrills
08-09-2011, 04:21 PM
That is one fantastic hunt . :perfect10:

silver star
08-09-2011, 09:08 PM
Thanks everyone for the comments. Good luck and HH. Mike

jkress
08-09-2011, 09:26 PM
Excellent hunt Mike. :clapping: Lots of nice silver, copper and nickel keepers.
BUT... the 3D Barber ring is a rare and awesome find. :smitten: Any chance we can get you
to post a few more pictures of it from different angles? I'd love to see some better pics of it.
Congrats.

coinnut
08-09-2011, 09:35 PM
Great hunt Mike. That ring is a pop up ring and was done by roadside (or fairgrounds) merchants. I think it was that you paid a fee and supplied the dime (of course) and he would make it right there for you (or most likely, your fine lady :yes:) I found one in a park many, many years ago. A great find. You are the only other person I know that has found one. :clapping:

tanacat
08-10-2011, 07:46 AM
:omg: That ring is sooooo cool!!! :clapping: I also want to see a better pic of it :cheesysmile:

Congrats on some great hunting! thumbsup01

Mudder
08-10-2011, 09:16 AM
That was one great hunt. I did particularly like the design of the ring. :clapping:

silver star
08-10-2011, 07:30 PM
Excellent hunt Mike. :clapping: Lots of nice silver, copper and nickel keepers.
BUT... the 3D Barber ring is a rare and awesome find. :smitten: Any chance we can get you
to post a few more pictures of it from different angles? I'd love to see some better pics of it.
Congrats.
Thanks JK, my camera is not that good but what I can do its to bring that ring with me on next hunt and let Tim take some good pictures of it. He is Master :yes: in taking great pictures and also have a good camera. HH Mike

Great hunt Mike. That ring is a pop up ring and was done by roadside (or fairgrounds) merchants. I think it was that you paid a fee and supplied the dime (of course) and he would make it right there for you (or most likely, your fine lady :yes:) I found one in a park many, many years ago. A great find. You are the only other person I know that has found one. :clapping:
Thanks coinnut for the info on that Barber ring. Place were I found ring its from the late 1800. HH Mike

:omg: That ring is sooooo cool!!! :clapping: I also want to see a better pic of it :cheesysmile:

Congrats on some great hunting! thumbsup01
Thanks Tana, I took few more pictures but like I said I will need to have Tim take some good pictures with his camera, my camera is not that good. HH Mike

That was one great hunt. I did particularly like the design of the ring. :clapping:
Thanks bud, good luck to you and HH. Mike

jkress
08-10-2011, 09:36 PM
Man that thing is sharp looking! :drool:
Too bad you aren't closer... I'd love to be able to photograph something like that. :daydream:

Ill Digger
08-14-2011, 11:04 PM
I'd love to see some better pics of it.

I also want to see a better pic of it :cheesysmile:

Thanks JK, my camera is not that good but what I can do its to bring that ring with me on next hunt and let Tim take some good pictures of it. He is Master :yes: in taking great pictures and also have a good camera. HH MikeThanks coinnut for the info on that Barber ring. Place were I found ring its from the late 1800. HH MikeThanks Tana, I took few more pictures but like I said I will need to have Tim take some good pictures with his camera, my camera is not that good. HH MikeThanks bud, good luck to you and HH. Mike
OK here they are. I don't know about all this master stuff :crazy: but...
This ring is just sooo cool!! It just screams OLD!! <:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0840.jpg
Her's another shot.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0842.jpg
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0841.jpg
And one showing the STERLING stamp.
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0844.jpg
Again...Awesome find Mike! thumbsup01

xzlr8n
08-15-2011, 10:54 PM
Ring is really cool :perfect10:. Great find!!

tanacat
08-16-2011, 07:09 AM
:clapping: :clapping: :clapping: Amazing find...

Mudder
08-17-2011, 09:32 PM
Thank you for the additional pictures of the ring. I mentioned that I really liked it in your original post, and it well deserves its spot on the banner line. Congratulations on a fantastic find. Phil