PDA

View Full Version : Barber Dimes And Indian Head Cents

angellionel
08-09-2011, 05:19 PM
Late in the day hunts yesterday and today yielded me a few keepers. Yesterday it was a 1908 Barber dime and two Indian Head cents. Today I had to cut the hunt short due to rain, but I did manage two nice barber dimes, dated 1900 and 1905, as well as two more Indian Head cents. My Indian Head cent count for the year now stands at 149.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/August/barberdimeandih_080811.jpg

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2011/August/barberdimesandih_080911.jpg

MassDirtFisher
08-09-2011, 06:00 PM
Boy Angel you are on your way!! Congrats on the great finds!! Always a good hunt when silver pops out of the dirt!! Happy Hunting!!

agbkyle
08-09-2011, 06:32 PM
Wow that sure is a nice IH count and the Barbers are nice..WTG!

JTGOLD
08-09-2011, 06:37 PM
very nice barbers and a great year on the IH's, great hunting.

Ill Digger
08-09-2011, 09:04 PM
Well it looks like you make good real good use of your time the last couple of days! :shocked04: lol
:confused: I think we're out of Barbers here in Illinois :dontknow: :crying02: I'm still looking for my first one this year.
Nice digs Angel!
Congrats :grin:

jkress
08-09-2011, 09:32 PM
Pretty darn good for a hunt cut short. :clapping:
I just love all of the old coins you folks on the right coast summon up from the depths. :smitten:
Excellent job Angel... and your IH count is quite amazing.

coinnut
08-09-2011, 09:48 PM
Indians and silver...I see a common theme here lol Nice to see there are still a couple of straglers hanging around them hunted areas. It's getting harder and harder to coax out them Barbers and Seated from them areas now. The silver rush may need to be moved via a roadtrip lol

milco
08-09-2011, 10:26 PM
Barbers and IH's, does not get much better than that!

angellionel
08-09-2011, 10:53 PM
Thanks guys! :beerbuddy:

Indians and silver...I see a common theme here lol Nice to see there are still a couple of straglers hanging around them hunted areas. It's getting harder and harder to coax out them Barbers and Seated from them areas now. The silver rush may need to be moved via a roadtrip lol

Yeah, a road trip to Joe's parks. lol

It is getting harder to find what is left from nearby parks. :yes: I may need to pull out my list of parks and plan some Saturday trips. :grin:

jkress
08-09-2011, 11:04 PM

:beatdown: Claim jumpers. rofl rofl

angellionel
08-09-2011, 11:07 PM
:beatdown: Claim jumpers. rofl rofl

rofl rofl

We are just looking to help you find some of those seated beauties seeing as you may be busy cutting grass and working on the landscape. lol

Hook
08-09-2011, 11:44 PM
Thanks guys! :beerbuddy:

It is getting harder to find what is left from nearby parks. :yes: I may need to pull out my list of parks and plan some Saturday trips. :grin:

nice digs Angel! but it had to happen eventually...you're running outta silver in your familiar haunts. So if you are planning to move,.,,STAY OUTTA LOUISIANA!! rofl rofl

jkress
08-09-2011, 11:47 PM
rofl rofl

We are just looking to help you find some of those seated beauties seeing as you may be busy cutting grass and working on the landscape. lol

lol I actually did cut the grass today and tended to the garden between hunts this afternoon... thanks to Angie, Dan and George. :rolleyes:

aloldstuff
08-10-2011, 07:29 AM
Well, thanks for leaving some IH's around for the little guys. 149 so far....WOW. Nice hunt there Angel, congrats

tanacat
08-10-2011, 07:50 AM
Well, thanks for leaving some IH's around for the little guys.

lol I've only found about 10 my whole hunting career! (2 yrs...) :thinkingabout:

Another great hunt Angel! thumbsup01

RobW
08-10-2011, 09:06 AM
:shocked04:...again amazement....

You find Indians like I find wheats... >:{

Mudder
08-10-2011, 09:09 AM
Angel is always making great finds and these are no exception. But have to agree that he finds Indians like everone else finds clad. |:confused:) Makes you wonder what we are doing wrong.

angellionel
08-10-2011, 10:37 AM
Thank you everyone! :yes:

My goal this year is to find 300 Indian Head cents. I'm not sure I will be able to get there, but it sure is fun taking the ride. lol

RobW
08-10-2011, 02:25 PM
Thank you everyone! :yes:

My goal this year is to find 300 Indian Head cents. I'm not sure I will be able to get there, but it sure is fun taking the ride. lol

Can I go on the ride with you lol :poke:

aloldstuff
08-10-2011, 02:29 PM

Hey Rob, no jumpin in front \:hammer:

Epi-hunter
08-10-2011, 08:14 PM
Great finds Angel, I love the barbers :)

I wondered what your personal goal for IHs was this year. :) Of course you know that I will add another couple of hundred onto it, and I am always right. lol rofl

angellionel
08-11-2011, 08:03 AM

Hey Rob, no jumpin in front \:hammer:

lol lol

Hey guys, we do need to get together for a hunt one of these days. :yes:

Great finds Angel, I love the barbers :)

I wondered what your personal goal for IHs was this year. :) Of course you know that I will add another couple of hundred onto it, and I am always right. lol rofl

:shocked04: :shocked04:

No more altering of the goal numbers young lady. :bop: lol

RobW
08-11-2011, 09:50 AM
Hey guys, we do need to get together for a hunt one of these days. :yes:

Definatly! thumbsup01 You could definatly teach this old dog some new tricks :yes: lol

We generally get together on Saturday and Sunday mornings