PDA

View Full Version : Surprise Seated at the end of the day

jkress
08-09-2011, 07:59 PM
Oh it felt good to pick up my machine again. :smitten:

Last night I headed off to the park to become reacquainted with my detector. Hunted for a couple of hours before
sunset and pulled just enough to satisfy.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-115.jpg

Early this morning I headed off to search for an old church site. No visual evidence of the church remains but it was active from
1840-1890. I searched for 3 hours without a hint of the location. Even went after nails hoping to find a few square ones... but no luck.
Either I am off for where I think the church was or, more likely, the site is under a foot or two of fill dirt. :dontknow:
After three hours of nothing, I headed back to the 'new' church that was built in 1890 to look for a few left overs. I have hit a few good ones
here from time to time, but pickings are slim. My last half dime came from this site.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-116.jpg

Since the weather was absolutely perfect for detecting today, I hit a few of my old places on the way home... no luck.
A lot of hunting with minimal keepers. That's how it goes sometimes.

But... later in the day Dana asked if I wanted to take our daughter to the park... You can bring your detector along. :happydance01:
We drove across the river to a park that has handed a few keepers to me in the past. Within twenty minutes a 1910 wheat came out.
Then a tilted silver signal showed up at the 6 inch mark. Out of the hole comes what I thought was a Barber. Dirt encrusted the obverse so I
headed for a water fountain to wash it off. As the clump washed away I was very surprised to see my first Seated Dime. <:
Picked up a beat up IH too.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-117.jpg

About six hours of hunting today before a 'good one' showed up. Made my day. :yes:

Ill Digger
08-09-2011, 08:16 PM
What a sweet day of huntin' you had Joe!! :shocked04: :shocked04: :envious:
The V & IH would've made for a really nice day . But your first seated dime...now thats AWESOME!!
I am still on the hunt for my first one :yes: :envious: :crying02:
She looks like she in good shape too :yes: :shocked04: :drool:
Great finds !!
Congrats :grin:

angellionel
08-09-2011, 08:27 PM
All good hunts Joe, but that seated dime is the cream of of the crop. :clapping: She is in great condition. :smitten: That place may be worth another trip or two. :yes:

pulltabsteve
08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
Nice saves Joe :clapping: Love the V and the dime is sweet!!! The ford key is cool too :yes: Well done my friend!

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-09-2011, 08:35 PM
i love seateds! shes a real looker too! congrats!

JTGOLD
08-09-2011, 09:38 PM
very nice looking seated dime + a few other keepers makes for a good days hunt,wtg.

dave in iowa
08-09-2011, 09:40 PM
Wow Joe thats a great one , ill bring the only one ive found along next time

coinnut
08-09-2011, 09:42 PM
Angel, we need to visit Joe's park lol He has Seated coins hanging around :shocked04: Great bunch of finds and that lovely lady is in super condition. :clapping: Do you keep going back to it, looking at it, over and over again? rofl I would :cheesysmile:

jkress
08-09-2011, 10:05 PM
Thanks folks. :)

Angel, we need to visit Joe's park lol He has Seated coins hanging around :shocked04:

Ahhh... you guys are always welcome in our parks. I sure wish you would have mentioned it earlier because starting tomorrow all of the parks in Iowa and Wisconsin are scheduled for 3 feet of fill dirt to be spread over every inch of original ground. Dang... probably not worth your time to come here now. :cheesysmile: lol

Do you keep going back to it, looking at it, over and over again? rofl I would :cheesysmile:

rofl Yup. More times than I care to publicly admit. :embarrassed:

PL8MAN
08-09-2011, 10:10 PM
Sweet finds thumbsup01

Jeff (or)
08-09-2011, 10:22 PM
Congrats on the seated! You got some great finds, cool ford key. :beerbuddy:

milco
08-09-2011, 10:25 PM
Awesome finds there Joe, man you are just killing it this year. Can we see a group shot of everything YTD? Sweet hunts and I think the family should go to the park more often. That seated lady is very, very nice! Congrats on your first seated dime!

I think Angel could find some silver even through 3 feet of fill!

angellionel
08-09-2011, 10:40 PM
Angel, we need to visit Joe's park lol He has Seated coins hanging around :shocked04: Great bunch of finds and that lovely lady is in super condition. :clapping: Do you keep going back to it, looking at it, over and over again? rofl I would :cheesysmile:

You are not kidding! :drool: We need to make a road trip. :cheesysmile: I think Joe may have guards at the park's entrance though. lol

Hook
08-09-2011, 11:59 PM
you hung in there and your patience was rewarded! good job! :groovy:

fsa46
08-10-2011, 05:21 AM
WTG on the seated dime Joe, it's a beauty. :cheering: Nothing wrong with the IH either, even though it may be beat up , I wish you would give them a little more respect. lol :poke:

aloldstuff
08-10-2011, 07:27 AM
Huge congrats on that 1st seated. Thrilling isn't it. Very nice hunts you had there.

tanacat
08-10-2011, 07:30 AM
:shocked04: It is in such good shape! That looks like an Extra Fine to me :yes:

Congrats on the IH and V nickel too :) Def go back to that place!!!

Epi-hunter
08-10-2011, 08:16 PM
Beautiful, Joe. That seated is incredible :smitten: :smitten: :drool:

switch
08-10-2011, 08:52 PM
Awesome! :cool:

Mudder
08-10-2011, 08:57 PM
I know you had a wonderful day. Those are soome great looking coins, and like you I love to go to the park and hunt. You can find some really good stuff there. thumbsup01