PDA

View Full Version : Carson City Seated, Mercs and Indian Heads

jkress
08-10-2011, 08:51 PM
Yep... I am taking full advantage of the week off and incredible weather. :yes:

Around 5:00 tonight I headed back to the park I found a Seated dime last night. First target out was an IH and a short while later
I was digging my way down to the 1877 dime. :happydance01: Just couldn't believe I found another one. After running it under water I searched for the mint mark and was even more surprised to see I had my first Carson City coin in hand.
When the 1916 came out, I waited for a moment before flipping it over... wondering if I could be that lucky? I wasn't.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-118.jpg

http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-119.jpg

Earlier this morning Dave and I went out for a couple of hours. This token and two wheats were all I managed during our time together.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-120.jpg

Obviously I have a new favorite park to spend much more time getting to know.

Mudder
08-10-2011, 09:00 PM
Another seated dime :omg: you need to stake that park out and spend the entire week. Congrats on some great saves.

Epi-hunter
08-10-2011, 09:10 PM
OMG Joe!!!

Incredible seated!!!!

Those IHs are typical Iowa soil in beautiful condition. Congrats to you!!

Excellent park finds! (If you start going south of Zwingle, I might have to kill you lol )

MassDirtFisher
08-10-2011, 09:12 PM
Way to go on the CC seated!! Nice looking coins you found!! What does the CC silver dance look like??

[move] :omg: |:confused:) |:confused:) happydance02 happydance02 |:confused:) |:confused:) happydance02 happydance02 |:confused:) |:confused:) happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 happydance02 |:confused:) |:confused:)[ :confused: >{ :)/move]

JTGOLD
08-10-2011, 09:46 PM
very nice silver dimes and good looking IH's too,wtg.

Cheap Thrills
08-10-2011, 10:06 PM
Sweet stuff !!! :perfect10:

zrickkid
08-10-2011, 10:20 PM
Sweet finds hope there is more. :angelic:

switch
08-10-2011, 10:42 PM
Nice Dime. <:

Ill Digger
08-10-2011, 10:49 PM
:shocked04: Your killin' me here Joe! 8/ lol
Sweet, sweet find !! :envious:
I'd be falling in love with that park too if I were you :smitten: :loveit: :kiss: :yes:
Congrats :grin:

milco
08-10-2011, 11:05 PM
Way to take advantage of the weather and time off. Keep hitting that park, no doubt there are some more gems hiding there. Congrats to you! :clapping:

fastfwd
08-11-2011, 01:16 AM
amazing finds ! :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: :clapping:

aloldstuff
08-11-2011, 07:08 AM
Great recoveries. A seated CC is really cool. Huge congrats on all those finds

jkress
08-11-2011, 07:41 AM
Thank you everyone. I am still amazed I added two seated coins to my collection from a park.

Another seated dime :omg: you need to stake that park out and spend the entire week.

I wonder if they will let me pitch a tent there? :cheesysmile:

(If you start going south of Zwingle, I might have to kill you lol )

I promise not to go any further south than Delmar. lol :poke:

What does the CC silver dance look like??

They certainly don't teach it in school. lol

I'd be falling in love with that park too if I were you

Oh I have. I've been to this park twice before... just never hunted this section.

no doubt there are some more gems hiding there.

Thanks Darren. I sure hope there is more there waiting for me.

angellionel
08-11-2011, 07:46 AM
Another beautiful lady! :happydance01: That park is being good to you, Joe. :clapping: There will be more there waiting for you to recover. :drool: I do love the way the Indian Head cents come out from that soil so well-preserved. :smitten:

RobW
08-11-2011, 09:54 AM
Those are some great finds and that 16' Merc is in great shape!

dave in iowa
08-11-2011, 03:27 PM
Great findsJoe , one day ill find another silver i hope , way to go my friend

tanacat
08-11-2011, 04:26 PM
:clapping: Excellent hunting there Joe!!! Those are some beautiful coins, esp great job cleaning the IH's. That 1905 looks extra fine :yes:

lol @ pitching a tent out there... I could totally do that myself- I'm already looking forward to retirement so I can MD full-time rofl

...I'm laughing because I have about 20 more years until I retire :crying02:

pulltabsteve
08-11-2011, 06:48 PM
AWESOME!!!!
Big congrats to you Joe! Sweet looking IHs. I wish they came out looking like that around here.... The firestone token is way cool too <:

coinnut
08-11-2011, 08:47 PM
Joe, Joe, Joe... You won't be able to hunt it out in time. We are already getting the caravan together and we will all be there in 2 days. lol Great looking CC Seated dime and congrats on your second one :peace: But I don't know why you were suprised that they would come out of a park :confused: I think someone already told us where they are all hiding...not mentioning any names :angelic: :angelic: :angelic: lol If that '16 Merc had a &quot:grin:, it would have been an unbelievable condition one :shocked04: Great hunt |:confused:)

milco
08-11-2011, 09:08 PM
OOOOooooohhhh! AaaaawwwHHHH!! Just had to stop back and look again, man those are nice old coins!