PDA

View Full Version : FRI CELLAR HOLES * COPPER & A FATTY IH

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2011, 07:13 PM
no work today so decided to go back to 2 holes that i been to before.1st site gave up a shot 1860 fatty indian head penny and most of the relics ya see in pic.very overgrown & so hard to swing.
the 2nd site that gave up the matron head LC.in the past Roger pulled a large cent & Paul got a barber dime from,not sure what Frank ever dug here.
came up around cellar hole and there's a deer frozen starin at me.i had my camera stuck on macro by accident,bad pic 8/
was good day! the 1833 LC i didn't clean it too much,i can tell it would look like the IH under the corrosion,date and high points are eaten away,looks better left as it is i think

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2011, 07:15 PM
more pics

del
08-12-2011, 07:31 PM
it was a very nice day weather wise huh ?? a great day to be out swinging the coil Dave :yes: , congrats on the matron and indian :clapping: :clapping: . i like the old keg tap and only part of the shield buckle , huh ... that stinks >:# i haven't been out in a couple of weeks so i'm chomping at the bit to get out . congrats again :beerbuddy:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2011, 07:34 PM
it was a very nice day weather wise huh ?? a great day to be out swinging the coil Dave :yes: , congrats on the matron and indian :clapping: :clapping: . i like the old keg tap and only part of the shield buckle , huh ... that stinks >:# i haven't been out in a couple of weeks so i'm chomping at the bit to get out . congrats again :beerbuddy:

Thanks Dan and yeah a bummer to see that buckle pop out like that crying01

del
08-12-2011, 07:37 PM
hey whats the object just under it ??

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2011, 07:45 PM
hey whats the object just under it ??

well it still has wood in the end of it.idk maybe to open a high window? :confused:

coinnut
08-12-2011, 08:35 PM
Nice assortment of relics and coins thumbsup01 Seeing all that water pour in the cellar hole, it is no wonder the coppers don't hold up too well. Still, that '33 looks pretty good. :happydance01: Congrats on another copper Dave. :yes:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2011, 09:26 PM
Nice assortment of relics and coins thumbsup01 Seeing all that water pour in the cellar hole, it is no wonder the coppers don't hold up too well. Still, that '33 looks pretty good. :happydance01: Congrats on another copper Dave. :yes:

thats not water going into the cellar hole :bop:...that's a river on the property with a dam

coinnut
08-12-2011, 09:31 PM
thats not water going into the cellar hole :bop:...that's a river on the property with a dam

Still looks like water flowing into a cellar hole to me rofl Must have been a nice place in it's day. Wish I could go back in time and see it in operation. :daydream:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-12-2011, 09:41 PM
Still looks like water flowing into a cellar hole to me rofl Must have been a nice place in it's day. Wish I could go back in time and see it in operation. :daydream:

yeah i often daydream about the same thing. build a time machine g-man! thumbsup01. i'll be the guinea pig to step in 1st!

angellionel
08-12-2011, 09:46 PM
Congrats on the old coins Dave. The Matron head still has plenty of details on her. thumbsup01

jkress
08-12-2011, 09:51 PM
Very nice finds HMN. You are right, the IH is not quite in mint condition. lol
But the LC looks great. :yes:

Cheap Thrills
08-13-2011, 11:25 AM
Great old finds and as always incredible pictures of the places you hunt . :perfect10:

MassDirtFisher
08-13-2011, 12:21 PM
Great pics!! Hope the ticks were not biting, Congrats on the Large Cent and IH!! Happy Hunting!!

aloldstuff
08-15-2011, 11:53 AM
a LC and a IH. That makes my day. Congrats

Mudder
08-15-2011, 07:22 PM
With all the distractions going on, you could almost forget about digging. :white:usaflag::