PDA

View Full Version : First Hunt for 2010

bmattioli
01-19-2010, 06:52 PM
Played hooky today from work. First time in 25 years.. Not much but it felt so good out there again in the rain and some soft ground digging again. I really despise Winter First dig was my first Wheatie for the year, a 1942 D.. Spring's coming soon I hope.. Hey Angel, the ground is getting soft around here, try it out..

coinnut
01-19-2010, 06:55 PM
Feels good to get out doesn't it lol I only had one weekend away from detecting so far and it was brutal :yes: Glad you got a chance to get some fresh air and find some good targets. You even got a wheat!! thumbsup01 You have to admit, it's nice to be swinging that coil in January ;)

angellionel
01-19-2010, 07:05 PM
Thanks Bruce. I had planned to go out today, but then the weather turned sour and rained. :bangahead01: :bangahead01: I may head out tomorrow though.

I bet it felt good to swing the coil! A wheat is a nice start and a good sign. thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
01-19-2010, 09:34 PM
What is it with you people from the northeast and all your incessant whining about winter? lol rofl

j/k It's great you got out. Glad to hear the ground is thawing a bit. Not often that you get some soft ground in the dead of January. ;)

angellionel
01-19-2010, 09:37 PM
What is it with you people from the northeast and all your incessant whining about winter? lol rofl

j/k It's great you got out. Glad to hear the ground is thawing a bit. Not often that you get some soft ground in the dead of January. ;)

Whining about winter is what keeps us sane! lol lol

Epi-hunter
01-19-2010, 09:38 PM
Whining about winter is what keeps us sane! lol lol

Yeah, but it makes ME crazy! lol

Hey Bruce, are you using the DFX?

bmattioli
01-20-2010, 08:16 AM
Yeah, but it makes ME crazy! lol

Hey Bruce, are you using the DFX?

Yea still using my DFX, can't put it down.. I plan to switch to the E-Trac come Spring and try to learn it. So far it has been foreign to me.. Just so used to the DFX lingo..

del
01-20-2010, 08:34 AM
Bruce you were really making me start to worry about you , buddy . but after this little outing i know you must be feeling a whole lot better now , especially after getting a wheatie . very nice start of the year man .

i don't whine a bit Angie , but i do on occasions quietly crying01cry crying01 myself to sleep when there to much snow on the ground lol lol

flueinc
01-20-2010, 08:21 PM
We all don't whine i have hit a beach 12 times to date even in a snow storm yesterday I have found two buff nickels one with a date and a full 12oz cup of chad. and i am an hr. from the beach and work 6 days a week.

coinnut
01-20-2010, 08:48 PM
The only Whine I do is a Pinot Noir or occasionally a Merlot rofl ;)

hoser
01-20-2010, 09:51 PM
Getting out, swinging a coil, listening for the beep! :drool: Don't get any better than that.

Beefcake
01-20-2010, 10:03 PM
If you can't seem to get into the E-trac... I'll trade you for a left handed DFX so that you can have one for each arm!!! :)

del
01-21-2010, 03:58 AM
If you can't seem to get into the E-trac... I'll trade you for a left handed DFX so that you can have one for each arm!!! :)

wow Bruce , hold out for the anodized gold colored coil cover , fuzzy silver dice shaped head phones and the rare optioned sparkly handle grip . lol lol

coinnut
01-21-2010, 10:34 AM
wow Bruce , hold out for the anodized gold colored coil cover , fuzzy silver dice shaped head phones and the rare optioned sparkly handle grip . lol lol

Then he would be just like you :poke: :poke: :embarrassed:

Beefcake
01-21-2010, 01:20 PM
I thought about putting flames and dangle balls on the DFX's box... Oh yeah!!!