PDA

View Full Version : Vx3

JTGOLD
08-19-2011, 01:10 PM
I use an M6 with a DX-1 and 6x10 DD coil,I have found dimes at 7 to 9 deep,all I do is detect for coins and rings,,so what if any advantage would I gain by getting a Vx3...thanks for any info,,JT.

CyberSage
08-19-2011, 05:31 PM
JT,
I would think for you the advantage would be the multi frequency aspect of the VX3. It would do a better job at pulling those targets out of trashy areas as well. The high resolution Color display is pretty neat too. The M6 is a great detector. It sounds as if you are very proficient with it.

Jack

JTGOLD
08-19-2011, 06:53 PM
thanks Jack,not realy sure I want to put out that much for a new detector when mine will do what I ask of it,befor the M6 I had a IDX pro and I found out it would do just as good as the M6,I guess it is live and learn......Thanks again.

coinnut
08-19-2011, 07:38 PM
Not to mention the fact that it may take you a bit to learn the new machine and your finds may actually go down for a while >:/. That is how it is for me, everytime I get a new machine lol

BOWSER
08-19-2011, 08:13 PM
i have downs than ups >{

JTGOLD
08-19-2011, 09:01 PM
to coinnut that is one thing I have been thinking about I realy don't want to have to go through a nother training curve,thats why I not sure I want to get one ,,,,,

and Bowser,,,,downs and ups is better than ups and downs and can't get up,,

Toadman
08-22-2011, 06:19 PM
Save your money ! :beerbuddy:

BOWSER
08-22-2011, 10:48 PM
to coinnut that is one thing I have been thinking about I realy don't want to have to go through a nother training curve,thats why I not sure I want to get one ,,,,,

and Bowser,,,,downs and ups is better than ups and downs and can't get up,,
I forgot the word more, I think all this stuff is like body parts,you have to work with what you got. thumbsup01

Boulder
06-08-2013, 11:20 PM
The old adage reads If It Ain't Broke - Don't Fix It.

I find the VX3 to be a very good and easy to learn machine.

Just wish the batteries lasted longer the 6 hours with having to power the color screen and triple frequencies.

The stock 950 coil seems to do well for trash separation but would of liked the same search coil equipped with the rest of the V line.

Really it all comes down to two choices, Need and Want.

Thanks, John. :groovy: