PDA

View Full Version : Getting all the sweet out of the sweet spot

z118
08-19-2011, 04:37 PM
I got in a few more evening hunts this week at this season's sweet spot. Finds are slowing down and I think after a few more hunts I'll have dug what there is to be dug for the most part. I'm looking forward to posting all the details in full and totals of finds from this spot.

At any rate, I had some more good luck, managing 100 coins even between the three hunts, which included two Mercs, a war nickel, and another 15 wheat pennies. I dug a 1972 half as well, which really had be going for a second until I saw the date.

The Mrs has me booked most all weekend so there won't be much detecting for me. I'm glad I got in the few finds that I did this week.

Happy hunting...

Outlaw 1-3
08-19-2011, 04:50 PM
Ain't too shabby at all for a few evenings swing time! Good job!

Chris

Ill Digger
08-19-2011, 05:23 PM
Nice hunt Z! :clapping:
that should ease the pain till your able to get back out! :yes: lol
It just never gets old seeing those Mercs come outta the ground! :drool:
Congrats :grin:

coinnut
08-19-2011, 06:17 PM
Work at home = Pain Detecting all weekend = Pleasure lol lol Too bad you are stuck in the house, but you can always gaze at them silvers :drool: Nice little hunt you had there thumbsup01

JTGOLD
08-19-2011, 06:59 PM
nice silvers and wheats very good hunt.

jkress
08-19-2011, 08:57 PM
Wow... another fantastic hunt Z. You have had a whole lot of 'sweet' come from that place. :clapping:
I'm definitely looking forward to hearing the details of your spot when you are ready to post them.

Remember, often times the freeze/thaw process will light an area up again. It's like signals just appear
from no where. I'd put that place on the 'first to hit' list next spring. You might be quite surprised at what shows up.
Congrats.

mike l
08-19-2011, 10:32 PM
Like to hear the details of that spot, looks like it hasn't seen many detectors :happydance01:. Nice stack of wheats and cool silver :peace:

aloldstuff
08-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Nice haul of keepers. To bad about the downtime this weekend. Congrats on your hunting that area, keep digging

Cheap Thrills
08-20-2011, 12:39 PM
Nice looking silver and wheats . Hope you find another sweet spot soon . thumbsup01 thumbsup01

Mudder
08-20-2011, 10:25 PM
Very Nice :peace: I could use one of those sweet spots for myself.

bob_e99
08-21-2011, 07:22 AM
Very Nice :peace: I could use one of those sweet spots for myself.

As could I!

Z: Glad to see how successful that area has been for you. It was also nice of the towm to move the dirt around for you lol

Maybe you should ask one of the workers if there are any other areas scheduled for similar work?