PDA

View Full Version : Andy Sabisch book.

hoser
01-20-2010, 09:39 PM
I got my book by Andy Sabisch today and have read about a third of it. The way this book is written makes it real easy to understand how the ETrac works. When I was running the DFX I had the book by Jeff Foster and found some things in it that I had to go back over several times before it would sink in. I'm gonna read this more than once, so I get a full, or as close to full grasp of the ETrac before spring gets here. ;) I can't wait for spring to get here. :drool:

CyberSage
01-20-2010, 09:52 PM
Andy Sabisch is truly a knowledgeable individual. He had also written one of the best reviews I have seen on the Spectra V3. I wish he would write a book for this detector as well. His information and know-how is very balanced and meticulous. Good luck with your E-Trac Hoser. Keep us all posted.

Jack

coinnut
01-20-2010, 09:57 PM
I have both Andy's and Jeff's books. The Etrac one is very easy to understand but you have to read between the lines, since it includes Explorer info mixed in. The DFX book is intense lol I had to re-read sections many times to fully appreciate what was being said. But the DFX has many more available adjustments than the E Trac, so it needed to show the interactions between them in greater detail. Plus the fact that the DFX was out for many years before the book was written. People are not that patient these days lol so there was a rush to get the E Trac book out. Either book has given me insights that would have taken years to learn or stumble onto. Well worth the investment.

Jason in Enid
01-20-2010, 11:37 PM
What workked for me was going back and forth form reading the book, to using the E-Trac. It helped me see what Andy was describing, and the book made mor esense after actually hearing the responses to targets with certain settings.

Basically, don't get in a big rush. Use it and have fun. The more you use it, the more you will learn it, the more you will find.

hoser
01-21-2010, 12:07 AM
Just call me Mr. Low & Slow :tongue: lol Jason thats what I plan on doing as well. A lot of cross referencing between the book and the machine. ;)

coinnut
01-21-2010, 10:53 AM
Hands on, is what I found out worked best for me. I'm a slow learner, so I need to beat it into me before it sinks in lol I love the fact or reading the information before bed and then taking some of that information into the field and experimenting with the settings. I always try and incorporate other people's programs into mine also. You never know when someone will stumble onto a program that works for you. But nothing beats using any machine in real world conditions

Cheap Thrills
01-21-2010, 02:05 PM
Hands on, is what I found out worked best for me. I'm a slow learner, so I need to beat it into me before it sinks in lol I love the fact or reading the information before bed and then taking some of that information into the field and experimenting with the settings. I always try and incorporate other people's programs into mine also. You never know when someone will stumble onto a program that works for you. But nothing beats using any machine in real world conditions

Deja Vu (almost) !! When I read your post I almost thought I wrote it !! This describes my experience with Andy's book also . The peace and quiet of night reading works for me as well . Right now I am using Mike Moutray's Killer coin settings for the SE and it seems to be working . I am finding
a bit more coinage and I'm able to avoid digging as much iron as I was . What is great is I not only acquire the settings but the reasons behind them . I try not to read the E-Trac section
because it's tempting me to take the plunge . A great book and definitely worth the money .

Baba

deltacornbread
01-21-2010, 02:08 PM
[quote=Jason in Enid;8147]
What workked for me was going back and forth form reading the book, to using the E-Trac. It helped me see what Andy was describing, and the book made mor esense after actually hearing the responses to targets with certain settings.

Same here. His explanation on FBS and how it works are a big help for me. Had the book for 6 months, but it looks years old from wear!

syclone0182
02-04-2010, 02:17 PM
does this book have any good info on explorer se settings . thumbsup01 thanks jamie

deltacornbread
02-04-2010, 05:32 PM
does this book have any good info on explorer se settings . thumbsup01 thanks jamie

Yep. Book covers explorer and etrac. Lot of good info!