PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLE*1787 CT COPPER*SILVER *COOL KEY!

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-20-2011, 05:38 PM
got out today with foundation hunter(Gary) went back to an old colonial tavern site that he pulled 18 coppers from in the past.before we got to that site there was a foundation just before it that had some logging trails just cut through the dense woods behind foundation,that's where i dug the barber and indian heads.
once down at tavern site was pretty quiet then got a deep quarter reading out popped a shot blank copper.Gary was next to yell hey check this signal yep sweet signal at 8 inches.he got his 1st Fugio cent.
few mins later not far from his coin i got a reading at 8 inches,then the 1787 Connecticut copper saw the light of day.a few buttons one being a nice designed one piece with a W.H JONES & Co backmark.then i got a good iron signal & decided to dig.pretty cool old hand forged iron key.pretty cool the way the end is curled like a stove burner .
a nice day out & lookin forward to sundays hunt with the rebel Roger.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-20-2011, 05:41 PM
more pics

OxShoeDrew
08-20-2011, 06:03 PM
I love the old roads in the woods, I have to walk up them when I see them. When you work a homestead how much time do you devote to the surrounding areas, fields etc? Oh.....and the finds are nice, especially the key :)

del
08-20-2011, 06:25 PM
wow another sweet day Dave , your racking up those coppers lately :clapping: :clapping: that button is a real gem :smitten: , congrats on the Connecticut copper . how were the bugs out your way :huh: and how did Gary's fugio turn out was it in decent sahpe when it came out of the ground??

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-20-2011, 06:48 PM
wow another sweet day Dave , your racking up those coppers lately :clapping: :clapping: that button is a real gem :smitten: , congrats on the Connecticut copper . how were the bugs out your way :huh: and how did Gary's fugio turn out was it in decent sahpe when it came out of the ground??

thanks Dan! yeah i didn't think i'd have any type of year like i did last year now i'm eating those words. gary's Fugio looked decent just coming out but after cleaning he said it's rough.but it's his 1st and he was long over due in that dept.
the eyeball bugs were brutal >:# hate them the most >:/ :hairpulling: other than the humidity was a good day! did u guys get out?

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-20-2011, 06:53 PM
I love the old roads in the woods, I have to walk up them when I see them. When you work a homestead how much time do you devote to the surrounding areas, fields etc? Oh.....and the finds are nice, especially the key :)

well once the area around cellar hole has been worked we tend to fan out and swing through the fields,or come back at a later date after we run out of spots to go and work those areas.

del
08-20-2011, 07:00 PM
did u guys get out?

yes we were probably not to far from you guys on the west side of the state. George did well , again lol lol got a copper i've never seen before :dontknow: i think it was dropped from aliens ;) i had a day that i'll remember for years to come .

fsa46
08-21-2011, 05:34 AM
Great hunt guys. :clapping: A lot of sweet finds for sure. :smitten: :smitten:

sniffy
08-21-2011, 10:56 AM
You have been on a roll. nice goin dude.

coinnut
08-21-2011, 06:38 PM
Nice all around hunt Dave. :clapping: That Conn copper looks like it is struck off center by about 10 % or so. Good hunt thumbsup01

aloldstuff
08-22-2011, 11:10 AM
Nice buttons and coins. that key is definately a weird looking one. Congrats on a great hunt.

Mudder
08-22-2011, 05:57 PM
>:/ You guys are killing me with all the LCs. Great finds, I really enjoyed seeing the relics, the key and square nails are special.. Congrats on a sweet hunt. :peace:

Ill Digger
08-22-2011, 11:24 PM
>:/ You guys are killing me with all the LCs.
lol I know! It's sick ain't it!?! rofl

Another sweet hunt Dave! I can't even imagine finding a coin from the 1700's :shocked04:
And to find a state copper? :rolleyes: 8/ We're talkin' full blown heart attack now! :shocked04: :shocked01: :stretcher:
Congrats on some sweet coins man! thumbsup01
Great pictures too...as usual thumbsup01 I really dig the blue shroom :cool:
But man! That yellow one is almost hypnotizing! :shocked04:stretcher: :twirlingeyes: :shocked01:
Great post! |:confused:)

tanacat
08-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah love the shrooms man :shocked04:stretcher: lol The yellow one is like the sun. A Donovan song comes to mind.... You are a great photographer Dave- as always, I love your nature shots! That first picture is amazing. So the tavern was that big? Can you explain the walls- are they on either side of the once upon a time road leading to the tavern that is right in front of you? I've never been cellar hole digging.

Congrats on the silver and coppers :clapping: That key is really wild- never seen one like it!

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-24-2011, 06:36 AM
Yeah love the shrooms man :shocked04:stretcher: lol The yellow one is like the sun. A Donovan song comes to mind.... You are a great photographer Dave- as always, I love your nature shots! That first picture is amazing. So the tavern was that big? Can you explain the walls- are they on either side of the once upon a time road leading to the tavern that is right in front of you? I've never been cellar hole digging.

Congrats on the silver and coppers :clapping: That key is really wild- never seen one like it!

thanks Tana! yeah the walls border each side of the old road