PDA

View Full Version : Everything Old Is New Again

kamogawa
08-21-2011, 09:59 AM
Well, this is not exactly a discussion topic... These are two really cute Youtube videos about the excitement of receiving a metal detector on Christmas Day. This spans two generations and shows that you are never too old or young.

Maurice gets a new metal detector (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JSHp:shocked01:iehs8&feature=related#ws)

Cameron and the Metal Detector (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a2pPrDZbKQQ#ws)

del
08-21-2011, 10:46 AM
lol lol great videos Kamogawa , i really got a kick out of the kid on the second one as i was just a few years older than the lad when i got my first but i had the same enthusiasm lol lol i found alot of my moms spoons that i lost playing in the dirt that year. rofl lol

bob_e99
08-21-2011, 11:06 AM
I now enjoy detecting so much and I was wondering why I never got started earlier in life. I guess I was just never lucky enough to come across someone who was interested in it.

Del, there must have been a lot of enjoyment in it for you through the years. It's great you started out early.
BTW, was it silverware and did you count it toward your silver count? lol

tanacat
08-22-2011, 04:51 PM
:clapping: I love those vids!!! The kid is adorable- he's about my son's age who also wants a metal detector for Christmas :yes: I'm thinking about Prism IV or V w/a Pee Wee mini-pole for him...

Yay! I will have a good hunting buddy thumbsup01 Do you have a kid/kids who like to detect?

bob_e99
08-22-2011, 07:07 PM
:clapping: I love those vids!!! The kid is adorable- he's about my son's age who also wants a metal detector for Christmas :yes: I'm thinking about Prism IV or V w/a Pee Wee mini-pole for him...

Yay! I will have a good hunting buddy thumbsup01 Do you have a kid/kids who like to detect?

I noticed that some kids don't have the patience to detect. They want to find coins right away and get bored quickly when they don't find anything. I guess as an adult who just started, I felt the same way but fortunately I had a good son to guide me. lol lol

aloldstuff
08-23-2011, 08:36 AM
When my daughter was little, I purchased a Whites Coinmaster (I think). On the way home from work I would stop at a park near our house and throw my loose change on the ground. I would then take her to find treasure. She really enjoyed it and because I had salted the mine she didn't get bored.

bob_e99
08-23-2011, 09:43 AM
When my daughter was little, I purchased a Whites Coinmaster (I think). On the way home from work I would stop at a park near our house and throw my loose change on the ground. I would then take her to find treasure. She really enjoyed it and because I had salted the mine she didn't get bored.

Actually that's a pretty good idea. Very good! thumbsup01