PDA

View Full Version : Old Honey hole still sweet as ever.

sniffy
08-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Sooo...after reading all these extrodinary posts, I had to go out and spend some quality time with the dirt. Colonial pocket spills, odd ball coppers, capped bust half dime....ect ect...u guys are killin me. I couldn't take it any more. I really didnt' know which direction to go, but I knew I was goin. So after a few minutes of deciding I chose the old colonial farm. This place has a VERY large lawn that has produced several old coins and some pretty nice relics. I'm very confident I barely scratched the surface here. Most of my findings here have been from the front portion of the property, they have an invisible fence for the terror dog. This dog is large and in charge. I rarely get to enter his perimeter but today was a treat, they put him in the barn again. The side yard has a ton of trash and iron but once again, the old colonial yard coughs up some more items for me to marvel. The copper turns out to be a 1800 Draped Bust, and boy was I happy to see her in my plug. I have been in a drought lately. A nice 2 wheat and mercury dime pocket spill, merc is a 1917D. A couple late date IH's. A neat little pad lock, A BIG OLE crotal bell, A copper ring of some sort. 2 buttons, one very nice scovills ball button....pretty cool....with lightning and thunder in the distance I scurried on home. Thanks for lookin everyone!

del
08-21-2011, 02:44 PM
hey Jesse those are some great finds , the draped bust penny is :loveit: a sweet coin :beerbuddy: congrats on the relics too. thumbsup01

OxShoeDrew
08-21-2011, 05:30 PM
You ever find a bell with the sound producer (ball?) still inside? It looks like you had a great day. Congrats.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-21-2011, 05:50 PM
sweet hunt Jess! nice LC!

coinnut
08-21-2011, 07:27 PM
Sounds like a great place to hunt :drool: That large cent and the Indians are in real nice condition. That soil is :smitten: It almost looks like an 1807 but if it's the 1800, there is an overdate to look for (1800 80 over 79). All that reading got your fired up. lol Great job Jesse. :clapping:

sniffy
08-21-2011, 07:58 PM
Sounds like a great place to hunt :drool: That large cent and the Indians are in real nice condition. That soil is :smitten: It almost looks like an 1807 but if it's the 1800, there is an overdate to look for (1800 80 over 79). All that reading got your fired up. lol Great job Jesse. :clapping:
After further examination, It does appear to be an 1807. That part of the date is pretty worn off...but you can see the top of the 7 pretty clear. Good eye Mr. George.

coinnut
08-21-2011, 08:14 PM
Hey nice last year Draped Bust copper. I'm not real well versed on varieties, but from what I can see (real or imaginary lol) it may be a better variety. Might be Breen's # 1771 or Sheldons # 274. 1807 small fraction variety. The gap between the 8 and the 0 makes me think it might be that one. It is a scarce one if it is. If anyone knows there varieties, please chime in. Nice coin either way Jess,

sniffy
08-21-2011, 08:23 PM
Hey nice last year Draped Bust copper. I'm not real well versed on varieties, but from what I can see (real or imaginary lol) it may be a better variety. Might be Breen's # 1771 or Sheldons # 274. 1807 small fraction variety. The gap between the 8 and the 0 makes me think it might be that one. It is a scarce one if it is. If anyone knows there varieties, please chime in. Nice coin either way Jess,
I seem to have a knack for finding the last issue of coins. Strange. Cellar hole hunting is gettin tough it's always nice to swing through freshly cut fescue. ACHOO! ACHOO!

Tony Two-Cent
08-21-2011, 08:30 PM
Now THAT'S how you end a drought! thumbsup01

That 1807 Draped Bust Cent is a spectacular find! It cleaned up rather nicely! Add a couple of Indian Heads, a Merc, some wheat cents and nice relics and you have yourself a terrific hunt!

Good job! :clapping:

aloldstuff
08-22-2011, 11:03 AM
Oh I could only hope for a draped bust. What a great hunt and the coins and relics are fantastic.

Ill Digger
08-22-2011, 01:08 PM
Oh I could only hope for a draped bust.
You and me both! crying01 lol

Wow Jess good call on the spot to hunt! thumbsup01
I wouldn't know what to do if I dug one of those? :shocked04: :twirlingeyes: :shocked01: lol
All kinds of cool finds! :cool: Nice little pocket spill!
Great hunt!
Congrats :grin:

sniffy
08-22-2011, 05:19 PM
You ever find a bell with the sound producer (ball?) still inside? It looks like you had a great day. Congrats.
Yes, I actually have a few that still jingle as they did many o' moon ago.

sniffy
08-22-2011, 05:19 PM
Now THAT'S how you end a drought! thumbsup01

That 1807 Draped Bust Cent is a spectacular find! It cleaned up rather nicely! Add a couple of Indian Heads, a Merc, some wheat cents and nice relics and you have yourself a terrific hunt!

Good job! :clapping:
Thanks alot man.

sniffy
08-22-2011, 05:20 PM
sweet hunt Jess! nice LC!
Sol................Sol Rosenberg.

Mudder
08-22-2011, 05:54 PM
:omg: Fantastic hunt, and very sweet LC to take home with you. WTG! I have drooled over any LC and there is no chance in the world that I will find one here. thumbsup01

jkress
08-25-2011, 09:20 PM
Wow... congrats on an awesome hunt. :clapping:
So many incredible finds here. |:confused:) Love the early LC. :drool:
Congrats.