PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HUNT WITH ROGER*SPANISH SILVER & COPPER

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-21-2011, 05:47 PM
Got out with Roger(the rebel) today for a colonial hunt. 1st site was pounded pretty good.got a 45-D merc there.2 nd site Rog pulled 3 coppers in the past from this site.finds were sparce but snuck out a wheatie,3 buttons,a milk glass ladies head :twirlingeyes: a 1772 spanish 1/2 reale and not the kinda copper i was expecting to find but at least 25-30 lbs of it in 1 inch tubing ;) maybe $75 worth of copper thumbsup01 yes we hauled it back to the car rofl.
last site gave up the crotal bell.
Rog got a suspender buckle and not much else

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-21-2011, 05:49 PM
more pics

sniffy
08-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Now thats what I call large copper

del
08-21-2011, 06:33 PM
the answer is no :eyebrow: ..... so before you ask if the copper tubing/pipe can count as a copper in the copper race it don't \:hammer: i don't care if you found it at a colonial cellar its still not counting lol rofl rofl

seriously Dave you've been on a little tear lately with the nice coins :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: , sweet reale :smitten: and finding an extra $70 to $80 bucks worth of copper laying around is ... well lets just say it'll pay for batteries for a while . :beerbuddy: congrats again buddy.

Dan

coinnut
08-21-2011, 06:43 PM
That head is creepy :shocked01: I hope you cover it up before you go to bed at night :shocked01: :shocked01: Nice hunt and congrats on the Spanish silver :clapping: If you send it to us along with other good finds, then you may be able to count all that scrap copper as a colonial copper :thinkingabout: We can be bribed lol You are definitely on a roll.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-21-2011, 07:34 PM
question? what was spanish silver worth in relation to a large copper? such as...how many large cents equalled a reale etc?

Tony Two-Cent
08-21-2011, 07:50 PM
Were you able to read the date on the copper tubing? lol

Seriously, that is a mighty fine hunt in my book! I absolutely love the 1/2 reale! Nothing like finding a silver coin from the 1700s!

Congrats! :clapping:

coinnut
08-21-2011, 10:05 PM
question? what was spanish silver worth in relation to a large copper? such as...how many large cents equalled a reale etc?

I'm not sure. I alway thought it was 6.25 cents. A one reale was 12.5 cents and a 2 reales was 25 cents and so forth. This article places the value a tad above a half dime so I'm not sure what that means lol But it is close to that range. I'm sure the value of Spanish money has readjusted itself all through the years though.

http://www.wikicoins.com/Flowing_Hair_Half_Dime

aloldstuff
08-22-2011, 11:01 AM
Silver and silver and copper. Nice going on hauling that out. Nice finds, really like ther reale.