PDA

View Full Version : Silver, V's, IH's and a Shield Nickel

jkress
08-21-2011, 08:46 PM
Hunted a little on Friday. Went back to the park where I found the Barber half dollar. Pulled up to see another
detectorist working the area... it was Dave! lol Put in about an hour together.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-132.jpg

This morning I made it back to the park I was hunting a couple weeks ago. Just couldn't find any silver
during the two hours I was there. :dontknow: But I did find some old nickels and IH's. :happydance01:
Two V's (1883 & 1899) and what is left of a Shield Nickel.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-133.jpg

Tony Two-Cent
08-21-2011, 09:01 PM
Nice! If I found four Indian Heads in one weekend I would be stoked!

It's just a fact of life, nickels don't usually fare too well in the ground. It's still always a thrill to find old ones. Good job on the Shield Nickel! Those don't seem to come out of the ground too often! I've never found one metal detecting, but I did eyeball an 1868 in the middle of a plowed field while arrowhead hunting one time. Can you make out a date on yours?

Good job on the successful hunts! Great finds! :clapping:

Mudder
08-21-2011, 09:06 PM
Looks like a good hunt to me. I haven't found a Shield Nickle yet, but have pulled out a couple of Vs. They actually came out in pretty good shape, but it still took a lot of careful cleaning. Very good Job. thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
08-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Nice going it looks like you have a decent spot . thumbsup01 thumbsup01

coinnut
08-21-2011, 10:55 PM
You have been doing really well on the old coins Joe thumbsup01 Them Shield Nickels do not hold up well, as they are not a deeply struck coin to begin with. So no wonder they don't survive :hairpulling:

Ill Digger
08-21-2011, 11:36 PM
:shocked04: Good god man! :dontknow: Don't you rest! :hairpulling: lol
You sure are on a roll!
Congrats on all the nice old coins especially the shield! :clapping: :grin:

aloldstuff
08-22-2011, 06:58 AM
WOW your old coins keep mounting. You've got more IH's on this post than I have for the year. Huge congrats and plus silver, V's, shield... |:confused:)

milco
08-22-2011, 12:25 PM
Another solid hunt there Joe! Congrats on the old nickels! You're gonna force me to have to drive over there! There are some old silvers there waiting for you to swing the E-Trac over them.