PDA

View Full Version : The silver drought is over!

Spike
08-21-2011, 09:28 PM
Had to find a way to break the silver drought so what better place than old fathful silver field #26 silver half and a nice one <: they are getting scarce but gave up another :happydance01: and the next day my first silver dime with the At pro finally I knew it would find big silver but other than the small German coins was the only silver I found sounded very good at 5in thumbsup01

Cheap Thrills
08-21-2011, 09:39 PM
Nice Half glad you're drought is over !! :peace: :clapping:

coinnut
08-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Well if none of the other half dollars are any newer than 1942, then you probably have the year that the cache was burried, because that coins looks mint state :shocked04: Nice find, and glad the AT Pro is starting to get down in depth a bit. 5 is a good start. Is that a point you found in the field?? :confused: Looks like someone should not practice knapping when drinking rofl Hope it's not you Spike :shocked01:

Cheap Thrills
08-21-2011, 09:53 PM
Is that a point you found in the field?? :confused: Looks like someone should not practice knapping when drinking rofl Hope it's not you Spike :shocked01:
[/quote]

George , unless that is a private joke could you explain what you meant by that ? I can't even begin to figure out what that means . knapping:huh:thinkingabout:

Spike
08-21-2011, 09:55 PM
[quote=coinnut link=topic=6843.msg79956#msg79956 date=1313980977]
Well if none of the other half dollars are any newer than 1942, then you probably have the year that the cache was burried, because that coins looks mint state :shocked04: Nice find, and glad the AT Pro is starting to get down in depth a bit. 5 is a good start. Is that a point you found in the field?? :confused: Looks like someone should not practice knapping when drinking rofl Hope it's not you Spike :shocked01:
rofl Ya that is a crude looking arrow head :crazy: I dont think depth is a problem at least on copper 7in on IH clear as a bell but silver :dontknow: one good deep dime would be great just so I know im not missing them :crying02:

coinnut
08-21-2011, 09:56 PM
Is that a point you found in the field?? :confused: Looks like someone should not practice knapping when drinking rofl Hope it's not you Spike :shocked01:

George , unless that is a private joke could you explain what you meant by that ? I can't even begin to figure out what that means . knapping:huh:thinkingabout:

lol Knapping is what the process of making an arrow head (point) is called. The flaking off of stone with another stone hitting it. Usually, the makers of points take great pride in their work and can knapp some incredible examples. That one just looks a bit different than what I have usually seen.

Cheap Thrills
08-21-2011, 10:19 PM
Thank you George . Now I are hipped . |:confused:) Perhaps the arrow hit the spine of the intended meal? :thinkingabout:

aloldstuff
08-22-2011, 07:00 AM
That WLH is in fantastic shape. Huge congrats on dthose recoveries.

wingmaster
08-29-2011, 07:21 PM
Congrats on the silver and a big silver at that.

JTGOLD
08-29-2011, 07:28 PM
very nice silver find,wtg.

Ill Digger
08-29-2011, 08:08 PM
What a nice piece of silver to break the drought with!!
Love those Walkers :smitten:
Congrats on that bad boy! thumbsup01 :grin:
The point does look pretty crude :yes: :dontknow:
Some of the cruder points I usually chalk those up to a youngsters first attempt at knapping. Or pieces made in a hurry for a quick blade :dontknow:
Who knows :dontknow: And who cares! It's old and cool!! lol :cool:

Outlaw 1-3
08-29-2011, 08:41 PM
VERY beautiful half! Congrats!

bob_e99
08-31-2011, 04:07 PM
Wow! That is the way to break a drought. Is there some kind of a 'silver dance' to be done? lol lol

del
08-31-2011, 04:30 PM
:shocked04: great looking half :smitten: big congrats :clapping: :clapping:

OxShoeDrew
08-31-2011, 07:36 PM
I guess that ends your silver slump in a big way...how do you people find arrow heads?? Do you just find them on the surface? I see lots if them posted.

Spike
08-31-2011, 08:13 PM
I guess that ends your silver slump in a big way...how do you people find arrow heads?? Do you just find them on the surface? I see lots if them posted.
I am just lucky enough to live where the indians really liked to live alot of creeks and been huntting them 30 years in farm fields thumbsup01 and it seems like where the indians lived early settlers took over so I get to find old coins and arrow heads :smitten:

jkress
08-31-2011, 10:53 PM
What a way to break the drought!! <:
It is just incredible the number of halves you have found at the site.
Seems like more fun to find a scattered about cache then all of them in one lump sum. :yes:
Nice job on the rosie and a bigger congrats on the point. :clapping:

Spike
09-01-2011, 10:35 AM
What a way to break the drought!! <:
It is just incredible the number of halves you have found at the site.
Seems like more fun to find a scattered about cache then all of them in one lump sum. :yes:
Nice job on the rosie and a bigger congrats on the point. :clapping:
Ya it is way more fun to find them scattered keeps you comming back I had one day there when I found 10 and now I wish I would have saved some but then who could leave when you are finding big silver it makes you greedy :drool: :drool: rofl rofl

switch
09-01-2011, 11:01 AM
That arrow head may have been reused as a shaft straightener, might explain the deep grooves where you would normally haft it. :thinkingabout: Maybe...