PDA

View Full Version : water well, but nothing else

OxShoeDrew
08-23-2011, 04:41 AM
We took the wrong wall into the woods yesterday looking for a cellar hole. About three or four walls into the woods we found a beautiful small well in the corner of a 3 or 4 acre pen.....but that was it. No iron, no depression,....no signs of anything. We found our cellar hole about a neighbor's length away. It had it's own well and all the accompanying things you'd expect. I guess we didn't check well enough....haha well enough...me so funny.

aloldstuff
08-23-2011, 08:28 AM
Sometimes taking a different path can lead to good things.

coinnut
08-23-2011, 12:34 PM
So let me get this straight :thinkingabout: You found 2 wells and a cellar hole and got nothing? lol lol lol Did you remember to turn the machines on? :dontknow: That means that next time there, you will find stuff. It happens a lot the first time in.

OxShoeDrew
08-23-2011, 01:44 PM
So let me get this straight :thinkingabout: You found 2 wells and a cellar hole and got nothing? lol lol lol Did you remember to turn the machines on? :dontknow: That means that next time there, you will find stuff. It happens a lot the first time in.

No, we got flat buttons etc at our intended hole but it was surprising to see the other well in the woods without any other evidence of a homestead near it.

coinnut
08-23-2011, 05:46 PM
No, we got flat buttons etc at our intended hole but it was surprising to see the other well in the woods without any other evidence of a homestead near it.

If you have the cash or the ambition, you will build more wells. They can be a way to get water to you while you are working, so you do not have to go back home. They may also be for giving the animals water, or maybe even a second well just in case the first goes dry. It not often we see two or more, but it does happen.