PDA

View Full Version : School Construction Site Hunt

milco
08-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Stopped in at a construction project yesterday at a school. Found an interesting variety of eyeball and MDing finds, but I like the old dog tag from 1952 the best.

Ill Digger
08-23-2011, 09:11 AM
Darren those are one of my favorite things to find!!
But I think its a dog TAX from 1885!!! happydance02 :peace: :beerbuddy:
And it was the 1952nd dog taxed that year!! :shocked04: I could be wrong :dontknow: lol
That is a sweet, sweet find either way! Me likey :drool: :drool: lol
Congrats :envious:

aloldstuff
08-23-2011, 09:25 AM
I too really like digging old dog tags. Congrats on that find.

JTGOLD
08-23-2011, 02:13 PM
nice find on the dog tax tag and a few neat finds too,wtg.

milco
08-23-2011, 02:17 PM
Darren those are one of my favorite things to find!!
But I think its a dog TAX from 1885!!! happydance02 :peace: :beerbuddy:
And it was the 1952nd dog taxed that year!! :shocked04: I could be wrong :dontknow: lol
That is a sweet, sweet find either way! Me likey :drool: :drool: lol
Congrats :envious:

Thanks Tim! Hhhmmmm!!!! Not sure on that one, I thought of that when I found it, but said to myself, no it can't be that old. Perhaps I can do some research and learn more, stay tuned.

milco
08-23-2011, 04:42 PM
Well, Ill Digger was correct (not that I doubted)! Based on some research and initial responses from some folks online, the dog tax tag is from the year 1885. (ref input from www.doglicense.org (http://www.doglicense.org)) I also sent an email to the city of Minneapolis to see how far back they have records for their dog tags to see if I can actually find out who this belonged to way back when.

z118
08-23-2011, 08:12 PM
That looks like a great site, I hope you get the chance to get back there. That dog tag is a one in a million find. Congrats!

Mudder
08-23-2011, 08:40 PM
Looks to be the standard school yard fair, I have hunted a few around here, and that is about what I come up with. But, I really like the dog tag and it would find a favored spot in my keeper box. thumbsup01

Ill Digger
08-23-2011, 10:45 PM
I also sent an email to the city of Minneapolis to see how far back they have records for their dog tags to see if I can actually find out who this belonged to way back when.
Oh cool!! :-> That would be neat to find out who the dog belonged to. Maybe even find out what the dogs name was! :dontknow: lol
Keep us up to date on your research. Now you got me wanting to know :drool: :->
Again cool find!
Glad I could help :yes: :grin: