PDA

View Full Version : Three days in a row!!!

RaZR
08-23-2011, 12:59 PM
O.K. so now i have hunted 5 times with my new E-trac and here are the results.
1.) .48 cents nothing really cool.
2.) .16 cents, 4 wheat pennies, oldest 1935. And what i thought was a 14k gold chain. (gonna test it myself to be sure)
3.) .32 cents, 1 wheat 1925, 1920 merc, 1947 rosey.
4.) $1.01. 1940-D merc. Six coins were nickles.
5.) .94 cents, 1944 merc, small bullet, five coins were nickles.

I'm liking this machine very much!!! The adjustments were pretty easy and not alot of them.
Thanks again to angellionel for posting the settings i'm using, they work great!
So anyhow that's three days in a row i have found silver at the old fairgrounds. And i'm guessing that most of my finds will be dimes as they would most likely have been what was missed by the older detectors.
These seem to have been dropped right after they were minted in the fourties, cuz they look so nice!

Here's pics of the last two....

JTGOLD
08-23-2011, 02:09 PM
very nice looking merc's and your having some real good hunts,wtg.

coinnut
08-23-2011, 05:39 PM
And i'm guessing that most of my finds will be dimes as they would most likely have been what was missed by the older detectors.

There will be a lot of dimes since they are easily masked. But don't be surprised if a half dollar pops out. I have found a Barber half that should not have been left in this park...it was 4 down :dontknow: So if you see something in the upper right of the screen and it has that silver tone, start doing this :drool: :drool: :drool: lol

Epi-hunter
08-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Congratulations!!! You are really getting along well with that E-Trac! :perfect10:

Mudder
08-23-2011, 08:46 PM
Looks as if the learning curve is leveling out. Great looking Mercs, and some other nice coins to go along with it. I know that I love the Ace 250, but will have to upgrade to keep up with my addiction. I have been torn between the E-trac and the AT Pro, both look great. I also have figured out that detectors are like computers. After you walk out of the store with the new one it is already outdated and something better is on the marked :girlcry:

aloldstuff
08-24-2011, 07:11 AM
Three hunts and three silvers. Great machine you got there. Time will make the hunting better. Congrats on all your finds