PDA

View Full Version : Sand Shark sound question

Relic Whisperer
08-23-2011, 01:10 PM
I have noticed with my Sand Shark that every now and then it makes a quick what I call a burp sound. Kind of a very quick twang. It's not repeatable and its definetly does not sound like a metal tone. It's just a quick twang and then its gone. I dont think it is anything affecting the machine I just want to make sure it's not telling me something and I am not listening. Anyone else ever hear that from their shark or does my Sandy just have gas?

cdv
08-30-2011, 11:43 AM
Stan, mine does it occasionally. I can't seem to narrow it down other than maybe a slightly unstable signal. I'm at Myrtle Beach for the week right now and after working the shoreline over in the last two evenings, I lower my scoop every so often just to make sure my shark is still working.... I'm not used to going so far without getting a hit. I even go up to the dry sand just to get a bottle cap.... this beach and in the water so far is clean OR the stuff is really deep.

Just keep using it, you can always send it in over the winter for a check up if you still think something is wrong.

Cliff

Relic Whisperer
08-30-2011, 02:04 PM
The concensus seems to be and I'm pretty sure its just EMI or lightning as I am in Florida.