PDA

View Full Version : A little worried

BOWSER
08-23-2011, 07:43 PM
here i am 17 miles south of BOSTON, 12 miles west , of the atlantic ocean 25 miles north of the plymouth 'IT'S A GREAT IDEA' NUCLEAR PLANT.which is built right on a fault. Not to mention the fabulous thank you very much BIG DIG , which is leaking already. A 5.9 eartquake i feel like just puttin my head between my legs you fill in the rest :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Mudder
08-23-2011, 08:11 PM
Sounds like a really bad day. I lived in Boston for 10 years and never thought about a quake fault being near, of course I live in California for about the same amount of time and that is all I thought about. Take care and stay on the non-shaking part. :lipssealed: :lipssealed: :lipssealed: :lipssealed:

coinnut
08-23-2011, 08:55 PM
Yeah, That quake was near VA? But felt a lot of places north too. I didn't feel it here near Springfield, MA, but it did rattle some feathers. Luckily I think everyone was ok, but I share your concerns with the power plants.

JTGOLD
08-23-2011, 09:14 PM
may never happen again but I think I'ed be a movin and get way away from there.

OxShoeDrew
08-24-2011, 05:14 AM
Remember in 1984ish we had one that shook pictures on the wall? Only one I ever recall.

firstring
08-24-2011, 12:21 PM
I feel for you all on the east coast, feeling a tremblor must have been a heart stopper. I live in Northern California where nearby they have tapped into a geyser field for steam 15-20 miles from me. We have more than 100 quakes every week. Many are not felt. Back in the 60s, an attempt by a power company was made to build one of those nuclear power plants right on the coast. They almost made it - until it was discovered the site was right on top of the San Andreas fualt. The big one of 1906 fame. I remember feeling the Loma Prieta quake that happened during the world series in 1989. It's a scary feeling, no doubt, especially when it's not expected. Hang tough, they don't come around that often. At least in Nor Cal, we don't experience hurricanes or tornados. Come for a visit sometime and we'll ask What's shaking?

aloldstuff
08-24-2011, 12:59 PM
I was at home, sitting in my easy chair just dozing off. My chair started shaking, the ceiling fan was rocking and all I could think of was December 21, 2012.