PDA

View Full Version : Finds from last few outings, some neat stuff

mdakin
08-24-2011, 09:15 AM
I haven't posted in a while, not that I havent' been detecting, but I've been finding your everyday stuff. Last few times out at a couple different sites I've had some decent luck. Thought I would share. I love to find those big old lead figures. The Boy Scout is my favorite, love that one of the eggs in the pan is still showing. I believe both are pre-WWII, probably around the 30's. The 1808 Large cent has the most detail I've ever found, especially on the reverse. The silver pocket knife is the second one I've found this year, I tried like heck to find that missing part, but it was no where near my hole.

Enjoy the pics.

aloldstuff
08-24-2011, 09:32 AM
Wow what great finds. Love the toy soldiers and that silver knife if great. An 1808 LC is a great find. Keep diggin and keep posting. Congrats

JTGOLD
08-24-2011, 11:02 AM
you got a lot of nice findsand very nice 1808 LC great hunting ,WTG.

firstring
08-24-2011, 12:58 PM
If you consider what I saw posted your everyday stuff, I can hardly wait when you post some good recoveries!! Totally a fantasmagoric showing. Thanks for the posting.

coinnut
08-24-2011, 08:26 PM
Nice finds Matt. The silver pocket knife is my favorite...well after the copper of course lol You are having a pretty good month so far.

angellionel
08-24-2011, 09:50 PM
Very nice hunts! You have a little of everything there, and it's all good too. :clapping: I do like that silver pocket knife. :yes:

jkress
08-24-2011, 11:15 PM
Nice... a great bunch of interesting finds. Lot of different types of stuff makes for fun hunting. :yes:
Love the Merc and the silver pocket knife. The LC is always one of my favorites when I see them. We just don't find them
often in Iowa. crying01 The toys are cool too. Any idea what the tag is from? Dog tax? Beautiful IH's too. Especially the double.
Congrats on some nice hunting.

del
08-25-2011, 07:24 PM
hey Matt , thats a great variety of super finds :cheering: :cheering: the early classic head is in really nice shape :clapping: :clapping: i like the lead scout figure too :smitten:

leslie(nova scotia)
08-26-2011, 08:02 AM
From the land of the Bluenose.....great assortment of finds. Dun sum gud youz! <;)

milco
08-26-2011, 08:14 PM
That's some great stuff you got there in those couple of hunts! I like those boy scout figures, those are very cool! The large cent is very nice, like jkress said, we don't find them here in Wisconsin either often crying01. Great variety of finds, WTG!!

Tony Two-Cent
08-26-2011, 09:14 PM
Terrific finds! I really love the Boy Scout figures! Amazing that they still have some original paint on them.

That is a fantastic 1808 Large Cent too! Add Illinois to the list of states where Large Cents don't turn up often. Great Indian Heads and Merc too!

Congrats on the fantastic finds! :clapping:

bob_e99
08-28-2011, 08:35 AM
Simply great collection of finds. Great coins and a really great variety of interesting objects. No question, my kind of dream hunt.

:cheering: :cheering: :cheering:

wingmaster
08-29-2011, 07:06 PM
Great finds congrats.