PDA

View Full Version : Short hunt

silver star
08-24-2011, 04:35 PM
Went back to the park I detected last weekend and in couple hours got two wheat's 1939,1941, Buff 1928, some relics and about $4 in clad. Thanks for looking and HH. Mike

Ill Digger
08-24-2011, 04:56 PM
I see your getting in-tune with the buffs! :yes: lol
Bunch of cool stuff there Mike!
Congrats :grin:
But what is the oval object in the middle of the bottom picture? :thinkingabout: Looks like it has a date on it :drool:

JTGOLD
08-24-2011, 05:53 PM
cool finds and a nice buff,wtg.

OxShoeDrew
08-24-2011, 07:29 PM
[quote=Ill Digger link=topic=6872.msg80378#msg
But what is the oval object in the middle of the bottom picture? :thinkingabout: Looks like it has a date on it :drool:
[/quote]
I was going to ask the same thing. 1910?

milco
08-24-2011, 08:43 PM
You are on a roll....out there in this heat and dry ground, diggin' away very nice! Although not sure where you are but I was down in northern IL last week and it's amazing how much more rain you guys have had than we have up this way.

silver star
08-25-2011, 12:20 AM
I see your getting in-tune with the buffs! :yes: lol
Bunch of cool stuff there Mike!
Congrats :grin:
Thanks Tim, oval object is 1910 dog tag from River Forest also have the number 122. Now I am getting better on Buff's they ring on Ace250 in coin range bouncing from nickel all the way up to dime :yes:. I would of stay longer but darn thing on Ace250 broke, arm rest broke again >:# so went home and switched from my old Ace250 so I am good to go. Let me know if you guys planing to go out this weekend, everybody else is not available so if nothing I will be going solo :(. Talk later, Mike

cool finds and a nice buff,wtg.
Thanks JT, good luck and HH. Mike

[quote=Ill Digger link=topic=6872.msg80378#msg

I was going to ask the same thing. 1910?
Thanks bud, that thing is 1910 dog tag.

You are on a roll....out there in this heat and dry ground, diggin' away very nice! Although not sure where you are but I was down in northern IL last week and it's amazing how much more rain you guys have had than we have up this way.
Thanks Darren, we did had good amount of rain here so ground is nice and soft to dig in. Hope you guys got some good rain too. Good luck and HH. Mike

jkress
08-25-2011, 12:33 AM
Nice keepers Mike. I had a somewhat similar hunt this last weekend too.
No silver for me... but a few old nickels and cents.
Just makes those shinny white discs all the sweeter when found. :yes:

silver star
08-25-2011, 12:39 AM
Nice keepers Mike. I had a somewhat similar hunt this last weekend too.
No silver for me... but a few old nickels and cents.
Just makes those shinny white discs all the sweeter when found. :yes:
Thanks jkress, very true about silver coins but also I just love going out to detect any free time I get even if I dont find any its just fun and good times being outside and not at work :yes:. Best of luck to you and HH. Mike

aloldstuff
08-25-2011, 07:19 AM
Nice hunting, that park sounds like a great place. Congrats on the wheats and the buff.

silver star
08-25-2011, 11:21 AM
Nice hunting, that park sounds like a great place. Congrats on the wheats and the buff.
Thanks bud, its just amazing, no matter how many times you hunt one park always will be some more goodies left to be found. Good luck and HH. Mike

coinnut
08-25-2011, 02:36 PM
I wish I could find more Buffalo Nickels. They are a beautiful coin and even better when they have a date left on them lol I agree it's always better to be hunting than working :clapping: