PDA

View Full Version : first silver...unfortunately

OxShoeDrew
08-24-2011, 08:16 PM
My buddy and i only had a few hours at a cellar hole that we both think has good potential. I put my small coil on and continued trying to learn to navigate the hole lip. My buddy is running around the fields collecting a large cent, couple a flat buttons, 1920somthing buff, 1900something indian, and I can't remember what else. All I got was a few small brass items. With 15 min left I switched to a large coil and booked around the fields....I got hit after hit, I dug for 15 min strait. Flat button, silver plated table items, head stamp etc, and with NO TIME remaining, I RUN the coil around a rock as my buddy yelled he already checked the rock. I squeaked out my first silver in two ways....in alloted time and by maybe being the last silver coin ever produced... lol I'm older than my 1964 dime...but I won't forget it.

milco
08-24-2011, 08:41 PM
Congrats on your first silver! As they say location, location, location....

Tony Two-Cent
08-24-2011, 08:53 PM
Silver is silver! I suspect that a Rosie was first silver for a lot of people. (I honestly don't remember what mine was.)

I would have gladly taken that 1964 dime on my hunt last night where all I found was modern clad and Zincolns!

Congrats on you first silver, and may there be many, many more!

JTGOLD
08-24-2011, 09:43 PM
nice find on the silver,good hunt.

steve in so az
08-24-2011, 10:11 PM
Ahhh, the topping on the cone - nice silver and right behind your friend :) steve in so az

aloldstuff
08-25-2011, 07:27 AM
Well now you know that going behind your friend (who likes to leave good stuff behind) won't be a problem. Congrats on your 1st silver. Mine was 1960 Rosie.

coinnut
08-25-2011, 02:39 PM
Congrats on the silver :clapping: Anytime you see that silver rim is way better than any wheat could be...except for the rare ones of course lol Love seeing it surface :yes:

tanacat
08-26-2011, 07:47 AM
Congrats!!! I think my first silver was a ring and then first silver coin was a rosie- a '59 maybe? Maybe the next will be a Barber or a Walker half! :yes:

Ill Digger
08-26-2011, 09:49 AM
YEAH? WELL YOU DIDN'T CHECK IT VERY GOOD! is what I would've yelled back! rofl lol
Way to go! thumbsup01
Congrats on your first silver!! :clapping: :beerbuddy:

del
08-26-2011, 12:20 PM
not bad Drew , even though it might have been a little dissapointing to find a more modern silver coin at an old site , it is still silver :cheering: :cheering:

YEAH? WELL YOU DIDN'T CHECK IT VERY GOOD! is what I would've yelled back! rofl lol

lol rofl yeah i would of also asked what other places did you look :grin:

congrats on your first silver :peace: :peace:

firstring
08-26-2011, 10:59 PM
Iremember my first siver was a ring, ladies ring. I was so excited I stopped and called my wife. Went back searching and recovered another silver ring. It too was ladies ring. Went back to same area 2 days later and my got first silver coin, a '57 Rosie. The thriil of finding my first silver is still with me, it will always be with you, too.
Congratulations on your first silver find. Many more to come.
Happy hunting.