PDA

View Full Version : Two days with silver Silver on full dig Video!!

Ill Digger
08-25-2011, 01:20 AM
Well it's been a while since I've done some farm house huntin'. So last night I headed out to a farm I've hunted before. In the past few hunts there I mostly came up with old horse buckles and a few wheaties. I know this house has been around since 1892 so I know there has to be some older coins laying around just waiting for me to show them the light of day again :daydream: lol This trip was different! I had a nice little pocket spill with 2 wheats ans a 42P war nickle. My buddy had a pocket spill with 2 wheats and a Merc (of course :rolleyes:) A little later I gotta 47 Rosie.Then a 1904 V nickle I had to dig from under a root lol Soon after that I found silver #2.4! A 44s Merc (needed that one for my book! lol) Just as we were leaving I got a funny broken deep signal I just had to investigate. I dug up a old.... rain guild (it's in the picture :confused: :dontknow: ) and while checking the dirt on my pile out rolls a coin :confused: :shocked04: It was a 1907 IH <: Nice way to end the night :yes: thumbsup01
Here's the goodies
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0875.jpg
OK forward to today.
We went out to another old farm that we've pounded to death in the past. But we're still able to find a keeper now and then. Theola found one wheat while we were there. BUT!! I finally found what I've been waiting to find since the snow has melted!! :drool: I got a broken 9-39,11-40,41 at about 7 inches. Not hoping for a whole lot I dig my plug and check with the pin pointer and nothin' :rolleyes: So I dug out another 3 or 4 inches of dirt and as I put the dirt on the towel this is what I see :shocked04:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0876.jpg

http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0878.jpg
My first Barber of the season!! :happydance01: :happydance01: :happydance01:

We soon left for a cool rink and fresh ground lol We spotted another farmer out painting his house and stopped and asked to hunt his place and he said Go ahead :happydance01: At this farm I Found a 1898 IH buried with a big iron spike right next to it :rolleyes:
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0883.jpg
Later had a coin coins spill/spread. Over a 2 foot by 1 foot area I found 3 early wheaties and 2 IH's another 1898 and a modified 1900 :cool: The flies were really biting and it was getting late. So heading back to the truck I flipped the E-Trac to 2 tone ferris and listened to all the iron on the way out. :hairpulling: All of a sudden I get a solid repeatable high tone :confused: Digging down I find my second V nickle in two days! This one a 1900 thumbsup01
Todays goodies
http://i766.photobucket.com/albums/xx310/IllDigger/IMG_0884.jpg

I got some of the action on film. Sorry about the background noise. Between the traffic and the wind it was tough filmin'!
Two Days Full Digs with Silver (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgKpYzLXgn0#)

Thanks for lookin' & HH :groovy:

jkress
08-25-2011, 01:43 AM
:-> :clapping:
Awesome hunt Tim. Lots of old coinage to make for an extremely satisfying couple of days.
Barbers, IH's, a V and square nails definitely suggests you are on some high percentage sites.
I'd be happy dancing all the way home from a hunts like that.
You added a great bunch of old keepers to your collection on this hunt. Congrats.
Loved the video :smitten: ... sounds windy. lol

switch
08-25-2011, 04:42 AM
Good Stuff! :clapping:

aloldstuff
08-25-2011, 07:32 AM
Great hunting, all those keepers would definately make my day. Congrats

bob_e99
08-25-2011, 07:45 AM
Fantastic hunt! Finding multiple keepers must be some kind of thrill.

I'm still looking forward to my first IH and I hope that I will recognize that signal when it comes.

Continued good hunting!

switch
08-25-2011, 08:00 AM
Fantastic hunt! Finding multiple keepers must be some kind of thrill.

I'm still looking forward to my first IH and I hope that I will recognize that signal when it comes.

Continued good hunting!

I found my first 3 the other day. :happydance01: Although we don't have the same detector...You would at least realize it is something you should dig. :grin:

Ill Digger
08-25-2011, 08:22 AM
Congrats.
Loved the video :smitten: ... sounds windy. lol
Thanks Joe! It was pretty windy :yes: I wasn't sure any of the audio was going to come through. lol

Good Stuff! :clapping:

Great hunting, all those keepers would definately make my day. Congrats
Thanks guys!
It was a fun couple of hunts thumbsup01

Good luck finding your first thumbsup01
Here's how I can tell, or should I say, here's what I look for when hunting for a IH penny. They usually come in under the zinc pennys. On my E-Trac the Co. numbers will be anywhere from 29-32. I've had'em come in as low as 28 and as high as 36. But for the most part (at least for me) they are usually around 31-32 Co. So it's kinda like a zinc penny reading. But deeper!! :drool: :drool:

JTGOLD
08-25-2011, 08:31 AM
very good hunt and nice finds,wtg....nice video.

silver star
08-25-2011, 08:43 AM
Congrats on your first Barber this year :clapping: :clapping:. You guys had great day hunting and got some nice finds too. WTG!!! HH Mike

Bell-Two
08-25-2011, 09:41 AM
Nice hunt Tim, always nice to go home with some keepers and it is really enjoyable when your hunting partner does the same. Liked the video looking more from you my friend!

randy
08-25-2011, 12:42 PM
Sweet digs :clapping: Congrats on pulling a fine mix of old coins. thumbsup01

coinnut
08-25-2011, 02:21 PM
Great assortment of coins Tim :clapping: Enough silver in two hunts to put a smile on your face :cheesysmile: Nice seeing them on video too thumbsup01

milco
08-25-2011, 04:58 PM
That's a great couple days of hunting and some awesome finds! :clapping:

wingmaster
08-29-2011, 07:11 PM
Great bunch of finds and that barber looks nice, congrats.

milco
08-29-2011, 11:08 PM
Finally was able to watch the video, very nice! I am envious of all the moisture you have south of the border, lots of rain down there and nothin' up here for over a month. Even the woods are starting to get dry and rock hard up here.

tanacat
08-31-2011, 07:35 AM
Congrats on all those goodies Tim- talk about variety! Really nice Barber :envious:

Lowjiber
08-31-2011, 07:53 AM
:clapping: Great video! I enjoyed from start to finish.

Thanks! :clapping:

del
08-31-2011, 04:36 PM
very good post Tim :beerbuddy:
hey huge congrats on your fist barber of the year too :clapping: :peace: :clapping: very nice looking coins <:

OxShoeDrew
08-31-2011, 07:32 PM
That must be fun digging a coin every few steps. I dig one every few weeks :yes: very impressive