PDA

View Full Version : Greetings from a Newbie

Lope_along
01-22-2010, 12:03 PM
Howdy All,

My handle is Lope_along, my name is Andrew, and I'm from northern Virginia.
Just wanted to introduce myself since this seems to be a really nice forum and
I'm looking forward to learning and sharing with others - although I don't have
much experience yet.

I just got into this hobby last summer with a White's DFX and now I'm trying to learn
my V3. It seems to be a great machine and although I'm no expert on either the V3
or the DFX I think the new one from White's is really going to take off in popularity
with the hobby. Previously, I have done some fossil hunting and gold prospecting
in virginia - with okay results. Considering the huge development across all of No.
Va., all three hobbies have the same challenge : Legal Access to productive ground.

My finds haven't been a lot so far but I learned a huge amount with help from some
fine folks at DFXonly that are now also members here. I did just get my 1st silver coin
last week. I'm very impressed with the need for research in this hobby as well as field work.
Both are a lot of fun for me. I look forward to a great 2010 for detecting!

Lope_along

randy
01-22-2010, 12:10 PM
Welcome from Chester County, PA. Also swinging the V3.

del
01-22-2010, 12:19 PM
hello Andrew and welcome to American Detectorist , great intro . yes access is a common challenge in our hobby but your in a very old and historic part of the country and i wish you great success on your endeavors and look forward to seeing you post some great finds. both machines you have are top notch , take your time getting familiar with them and it will pay off.

Dan

Epi-hunter
01-22-2010, 12:21 PM
Welcome to the forum Andrew! :) You have a very good state to detect in, if (as you noted) you can get past all of the rules and regulations. I'm dealing with those frustrations here in KY too. :rolleyes: It's great to have another V3 user here.... we have many members who swing the Spectra V3. From my (Minelab) perspective, I like reading the posts about the V3 and seeing all the great finds. Looking forward to seeing more of your posts, and welcome again! thumbsup01

Lowjiber
01-22-2010, 01:06 PM
Welcome aboard, Andrew. We're glad to have you with us.

I emailed The Book of Jack to you, along with a handy V3 program spreadsheet.

coinnut
01-22-2010, 03:18 PM
Hey Andrew, nice to hear from you. You have some excellent weapons there lol Both those machines are capable of finding the deep relics. Take some time to learn them and get as much research in as you can :yes: As far as getting places to hunt? When your research points you to a private residence or farm, try and have something to offer the landowner, say $20.00 or some of the relics. You can even make a small display and show them and tell them I love history and this is what I'm trying to save. Good luck to you this year and don't be afraid to ask questions...we all learn from the answers.

leslie(nova scotia)
01-22-2010, 06:23 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....welcome to the forum me bouy....everyone will make you feel at home.

Winter this way so gitz out a diggin so I have something to read youz!

Lope_along
01-23-2010, 11:36 AM
BIG thx.! to All for the nice welcomes,

Lowjibber I did recieve your email and am going thru it with pleasure - much thanks.
I have a week off in Feb and as long as the ground ain't frozen I plan to be out as
much as possible and hopefully will begin to learn a little more about this great V3
in preparation for Spring 2010 - it *will* be here no matter how much cold is around
now. thumbsup01

Lope_along

RickO
01-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Welcome aboard Andrew.... HH RickO

Dave
01-23-2010, 07:17 PM
Hello Andrew, Welcome to AD!

Blade
01-24-2010, 02:18 PM
Hi That'll-Do Nice to see you came over to check out this site. Looks like its good one :yes: Blade

xzlr8n
01-27-2010, 12:14 AM
Welcome from Upstate NY, glad to see another V3 owner. I too just jumped up from the DFX. Look forward to hearing about your experiences.

Lope_along
01-27-2010, 09:18 AM
Thanks Xzlr8n!

Now just send me some warm sunny weather. lol

Soon, I hope,

Lope_along

SeabeeRon
01-27-2010, 08:24 PM
Welcome Andrew, i have been reading your posts in the V3 thread, you have the right attitude for this addiction! :grin: