PDA

View Full Version : Hurricane

firstring
08-25-2011, 10:38 PM
To all on the East coast - Batten down the hatches, there'a a storm a brewing. May all you and your families pull through safe and sound. Please don't take any chances. I look forward to reading up on how you all fared. Keep safe.

aloldstuff
08-26-2011, 07:05 AM
Well thank you for this kind message. Last night my wife and I took down the :usaflag:s, put the grill in the garage, I took my relics off of the porch rail and put them in the garage, moved all the rockers to one side of the porch(we have a wrap around). The Mrs went shopping and there were only two flashlights left, she bought them. Both cars gased up and cash on hand. I don't think its gonna be all that bad but time will tell.

JTGOLD
08-26-2011, 09:42 AM
God be with each and everyone in the path of the hurricane.be safe and pray.

sandals
08-26-2011, 06:21 PM
getting ready for it....this is the first big storm that I will not be anywhere near a beach as they are evacuating them and areas that are just south of me....and the first time that I have even considered relocating during a storm....but I am here for now, just heard she is going to hit Long Island sometime tomorrow instead of Sunday and at high tide....just going to have to sit back and see what happens, not much we can do now but wait...be smart...be safe everyone

MassDirtFisher
08-26-2011, 06:39 PM
I hope you are all safe and sound after the storm passes. God bless you all.

coinnut
08-26-2011, 06:54 PM
I think we are gonna get a lot of rain and high winds where we are. If it fizzles, we're gonna have a hurricane party just like we did for the tornados lol I'm worry about the costal areas though :-\ :-\ I wish anyone near the ocean good luck and stay safe. :)

pulltabsteve
08-26-2011, 07:42 PM
The eye should be 25 miles west of me. I'm ready. Generators are gassed up and ready to go. Plenty of food and drinks in the house. Originally I heard it was 8 - 12 inches of rain and 100mph winds. Now the say 80mph winds. As long as the 100' tall ( leaning my way ) oak tree in the neighbors yard holds out, I'll be just fine. If it decides to fall, I'll be needing a new pool and roof...

jkress
08-26-2011, 10:02 PM
Best of luck folks. :yes:

midas
08-27-2011, 01:59 PM
Isn't anyone heading to the beach for some AWESOME detecting?
I happened to be at Cape Cod in the 70's during a tropical storm. Winds 60+ MPH, Rain going sideways. So much sand was being moved, all you had to do was look on the ground. No metal detector needed. One guy had a gallon bucket half filled with silver coin just by spotting. I managed a pocket full of silver and a couple gold rings during that time. Just stay out of the surf. Let's get going!!!!!!!

sandals
08-27-2011, 03:12 PM
Midas....normally, I would be on the beach right now...however, with the MANDATORY evacuations, I can't even get near the beaches :crying02: maybe sometime tomorrow afternoon late when it passes by or Monday...

whammy
08-27-2011, 09:41 PM
I hope you folks on the coast make out ok and are safe. Up here in central New York we are expecting rain and 40 mph winds. Unfortunately last week we had a tornado touch down here in Conquest and our roof ended up across the road, and down the road in our neighbors pasture. The wait for a new metal roof is 3 to 5 weeks. I sure hope our beautiful new blue tarps can hold up that long. Oh well, what are ya gonna do. >:\

coinnut
08-27-2011, 10:43 PM
I hope you folks on the coast make out ok and are safe. Up here in central New York we are expecting rain and 40 mph winds. Unfortunately last week we had a tornado touch down here in Conquest and our roof ended up across the road, and down the road in our neighbors pasture. The wait for a new metal roof is 3 to 5 weeks. I sure hope our beautiful new blue tarps can hold up that long. Oh well, what are ya gonna do. >:\

You have a tarp as a roof now? :shocked04: And the hurricane is just getting to you? I hope the best for you and hope it holds up. :)

whammy
08-28-2011, 11:02 AM
Thanks coinnut. So far today, it's holding. The winds are about 30 mph so the tarps are flapping a bit, but staying on the roof. Can't do much, so just hoping for the best. Guess I'll know more tomorrow. :dontknow:

midas
08-28-2011, 11:07 AM
Detectorists are already out scooping up the goodies.

Dimeman
08-28-2011, 01:47 PM
I hope everyone is safe and not too much wind & rain damage was done to the place you call home.

SeabeeRon
08-29-2011, 06:44 PM
Detectorists are already out scooping up the goodies.

:shocked04:
Yikes!! Looks like he lost his detector!!
EDIT: I hadn't scrolled over to see there was a 2nd guy there. Who are these crazies??!?

SeabeeRon
08-29-2011, 09:13 PM
Someone just let me know this picture isn't from Irene, but from some previous storm.