PDA

View Full Version : Braved the 39 degree weather today

yazoo
01-22-2010, 03:22 PM
I got out for about a hour and a half today.Using the V3 and 10x12 SEF coil.Went to go hunting with a buddy but he was tied up at home when I got to Terre Haute.Well with him not getting free I decided I would hit a very pounded old park that is sand.I had seen a photo of a old intrance into this park so I figured I would try that area. Well after a lil clad and a couple deep nails I came across a good sounding hit ,at about the 9 inch mark out popped a wheatie. I looked at it and could see the190 in the dirt .I promptly looked to the other side,no VDB.Dang the luck. Then I hunted about 20 more mins and got a nice sweet ring chiming in my head phones, well could it be another deep nail or silver, graphs say silver , I dig down to the 10 -11 inch mark and get a nice sound coming from my Garrett PP.I reach down pull a hand full of sand up and can feel something in my hand. Yeah Its silver. Well to say the least it made my day and off for home I went. May the Silver Ring for 2010 H.H. Yazoo

angellionel
01-22-2010, 03:26 PM
Very nice digs, Yazoo! You are off to a good start this year. thumbsup01

coinnut
01-22-2010, 03:35 PM
Nice looking '09 Wheat! There never is an S or S VDB lol at least not for me :ticked: Congrats on the Standing Liberty Quarter. It's worn, but as many people have already said, they are hard to find. They weren't made for that many years and they was that depression that took a bite out of having silver available. I think that's a great start and it shows you that V3 is doing well. Congrats on the day's hunt thumbsup01

Epi-hunter
01-22-2010, 04:24 PM
Great hunt! The SLQ's are almost impossible to find, congrats!! Worn or not (and most are), they are rare. thumbsup01

Bentfork
01-22-2010, 04:32 PM
Nice finds Yaz! thumbsup01

hoser
01-22-2010, 06:40 PM
awesome find for sure.Even though it is or was in the fourties today we still have better than a foot of snow on the ground so I will have to enjoy the great finds the rest of you are making. Very nice finds indeed.

yazoo
01-22-2010, 07:20 PM
Thanks everybody,looking like I might get 2 get out in the morn before the weather changes. Yazoo

xzlr8n
01-22-2010, 10:34 PM
Nice finds Yazoo.. Congrats thumbsup01. If I can ask, what program were you using. 10 is pretty good albeit in sand...

CyberSage
01-22-2010, 11:25 PM
Your killing me here in the frozen land of Colorado Yazoo! Great hunt and fantastic finds. My V3 is covered in cobwebs in the corner. crying01 Thanks for sharing your hunt.

Keep Swing;in
Jack

del
01-23-2010, 12:14 AM
great to get out huh :yes: you are getting some serious depth Yazoo , congrats on the early wheat and the SLQ thumbsup01

yazoo
01-23-2010, 08:22 AM
Xzlr8n, My ground probes at about -92 to -93.The program I am using is based on C&J,then I have excepted all VDI#'s.The tones I have done custom so all the VDI's I dont want are at like 30,then acceptable targets are grouped by types and higher Tones with the highest being wrapped to -94 in the high silver range.I use 2.5 freq. non normalized when I can get away with it. With the 10x12 SEF coil I have been running my RX around 8 or as high as I can push it,disc 88-90, AM at about 70. Filter of 5 , recovery delay at about 120. thats about all I can pull from my head for now.There is still lots to learn and Iron out with this thing for sure.Hope thats what you wanted. Yazoo

bmattioli
01-23-2010, 10:12 AM
That's a well loved SLQ but still a tough find.. Gotta love those Wheaties.. Nice hunt..