PDA

View Full Version : CELLAR HOLES WITH SNIFFY*1875 NYC POLICE BUCKLE

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-26-2011, 07:09 PM
Got out with Jessie today.hit a few cellar holes.a couple flat buttons,2 tombacs,a civil war?or post civil war iron backed eagle button & last hole gave up this civil war plate? can't find what state this might be from? Mass? if anyone can help me out on the eagle button and belt plate i'd really appreciate it!
thanks!
Dave

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-26-2011, 07:12 PM
more pics

sniffy
08-26-2011, 07:27 PM
Not impressed :interesting: :white:usaflag::

sniffy
08-26-2011, 07:30 PM
NEW YORK YANKEE

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-26-2011, 07:45 PM
just been identifed as a new york city militia plate

Ill Digger
08-26-2011, 08:08 PM
Nice finds Dave!
That belt plate is cool! What a cool find!
I bet that thing just screamed when the coil went over it :shocked04: <: lol
The button is nice too. To bad the back is iron :rolleyes: But the front is in really nice shape thumbsup01
Do you think the button and buckle are from the same...era? Or person/ people?
Nice huntin' Dave!..
Congrats :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-26-2011, 08:22 PM
Nice finds Dave!
That belt plate is cool! What a cool find!
I bet that thing just screamed when the coil went over it :shocked04: <: lol
The button is nice too. To bad the back is iron :rolleyes: But the front is in really nice shape thumbsup01
Do you think the button and buckle are from the same...era? Or person/ people?
Nice huntin' Dave!..
Congrats :grin:

thanks! i dont think they are from the same pesron as they came from 2 different sites.
i was just informed now that it's not military but NYC police buckle 1875? crying01

del
08-26-2011, 08:23 PM
:omg: great buckle Dave :perfect10: its in stellar shape :cheering: :cheering: a great addition to the displays :beerbuddy: that one took me a while to find on the net , but looks like a N.Y. city police buckle circa 1880's . you didn't drive all the way to New York to get that did you :dontknow: ;) its a great piece . congrats buddy

MassDirtFisher
08-26-2011, 08:27 PM
Hey Dave...check the link and price of your relic....or what hes asking for his.http://www.antiquearmsamericainc.com/AAA_Miscellaneous.htm

NEATO!!!! CHA CHING!!!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-26-2011, 08:37 PM
Hey Dave...check the link and price of your relic....or what hes asking for his.http://www.antiquearmsamericainc.com/AAA_Miscellaneous.htm

NEATO!!!! CHA CHING!!!!

thanks for the link.i'm soo confused now :confused:

MassDirtFisher
08-26-2011, 08:39 PM
I know, happens to me all the time. :behave:

Looks like the same one to me..but Im no expert. Have fun researching your cool relic, and Happy Hunting!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-26-2011, 09:09 PM
I know, happens to me all the time. :behave:

Looks like the same one to me..but Im no expert. Have fun researching your cool relic, and Happy Hunting!!

thanks! the front is the same but i think the concave depression on the back is what seperates it from the military version.i hope i'm wrong! lol

MassDirtFisher
08-26-2011, 09:13 PM
Im not sure, It looks like they both have the same impression, his obviously wasnt under the soil for over a hundred years. The only thing missing from yours and his is that number on the reverse , right side(27) I see the circular impression on his though its faint. I think you found something great either way.

del
08-26-2011, 09:30 PM
I think you found something great either way.

he did and i agree with you Tim :yes:. Dave its still a great relic no matter what it finally turns out to be :perfect10: i'm sure if your that dissapointed about it not being military you could always give it to Jesse , right Jesse ;) :grin:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-26-2011, 09:44 PM
he did and i agree with you Tim :yes:. Dave its still a great relic no matter what it finally turns out to be :perfect10: i'm sure if your that dissapointed about it not being military you could always give it to Jesse , right Jesse ;) :grin:

well i really dig the buckle (no pun intended) i guess being military is more significant than the po po but,it will go alongside my eagle plate and proudly be displayed

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-26-2011, 09:46 PM
Im not sure, It looks like they both have the same impression, his obviously wasnt under the soil for over a hundred years. The only thing missing from yours and his is that number on the reverse , right side(27) I see the circular impression on his though its faint. I think you found something great either way.

thanks man! nah his military one has no depression on reverse (it's the way the light is hitting it) notice it's not centered? it's an optical illusion in that pic and the #27 is a benchmark which mine doesn't have.it's a po po buckle :teasing:

jkress
08-27-2011, 12:56 AM
Once again :rolleyes: ... great post HMN. :clapping:
I just love seeing your posts, always many great items to drool over. |:confused:)
The buttons are awesome finds and the stamped utensil is interesting...
but the belt plate is :daydream: :daydream: :daydream: .
Great pictures to boot.

sniffy
08-27-2011, 06:13 AM
Yeah....Dave you better hand it over. IT's no good....not old...no tongue....and just plain tacky.

milco
08-27-2011, 08:11 AM
Real nice finds, you always come up with some beauties from them cellar holes, that plate is just awesome no matter what it is.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-27-2011, 12:58 PM
:omg:great buckle Dave :perfect10: its in stellar shape :cheering: :cheering: a great addition to the displays :beerbuddy: that one took me a while to find on the net , but looks like a N.Y. city police buckle circa 1880's . you didn't drive all the way to New York to get that did you :dontknow: ;) its a great piece . congrats buddy

thanks Dan! but there is a discrepency in the book about this plate.it states in the book that the police issued plates were made of white cast metal.this is clearly a solid brass cast plate :confused:
now...can this be the real deal? :confused:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-27-2011, 04:04 PM
Dan here's the natural light photos

coinnut
08-27-2011, 08:07 PM
I'm going with the real deal lol Just cause one version of the buckle doesn't match yours, it doesn't make it not military. I'm still holding out hope it is military, but the 2nd place police finish is nothing to sneeze at either. Either way it is a win / win.

del
08-27-2011, 08:17 PM
hry Dave i don't know if you ever figured out what was the chacters on the shield , those are windmill sails in the middle with a flour barrel on either side and beavers above and below the sails . who said it looked like crossed ladders or confederate flad with two heads shaking hands :crazy: :twirlingeyes: :crazy:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-27-2011, 09:11 PM
hry Dave i don't know if you ever figured out what was the chacters on the shield , those are windmill sails in the middle with a flour barrel on either side and beavers above and below the sails . who said it looked like crossed ladders or confederate flad with two heads shaking hands :crazy: :twirlingeyes: :crazy:

thanks for the ID on the characters Dan.i don't remember what knucklehead said that :confused: ;) i'm having a CRS(can't remeber shoot) moment! ;)

aloldstuff
08-29-2011, 09:01 AM
What a great find. That will surely display well. Congrats

sniffy
08-29-2011, 04:36 PM
well it surely wasn't me implying that two heads were shaking hands over a confederate :usaflag:. How did this get so distorted. oh well... :happydance01:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-29-2011, 07:27 PM
well it surely wasn't me implying that two heads were shaking hands over a confederate :usaflag:. How did this get so distorted. oh well... :happydance01:
rofl it wasn't you Jess so don't sweat it.it was umm well you know him let's just keep it at that :dontknow:

del
08-29-2011, 07:37 PM

it was me :embarrassed: thats what happens when you start to get old and need glasses to read Jess. ;) thats why i had to figure out what the symbols on the shield consisted of. :yes: but for the record i didn't think they looked like crossed fireman ladders , i go all out and really imagine the crazy stuff . too much hanging around Coinnut i guess lol rofl

coinnut
08-29-2011, 09:31 PM
i go all out and really imagine the crazy stuff . too much hanging around Coinnut i guess lol rofl

I think it's more like separation anxiety rofl You should hang around with me more often ;) lol

sniffy
08-30-2011, 06:34 PM
OH MAN! I can see me now....putting 1960's pull tabs in showcases when I'm in my 40's.....ANYONE WANNA DETECT SATURDAY:huh:thinkingabout: WILL TRAVEL.

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-30-2011, 09:04 PM
OH MAN! I can see me now....putting 1960's pull tabs in showcases when I'm in my 40's.....ANYONE WANNA DETECT SATURDAY:huh:thinkingabout: WILL TRAVEL.

yeah jess don't want me with him anymore <}