PDA

View Full Version : Hi new member from central indiana

mortifercain
08-28-2011, 10:25 PM
Hi everyone my name is David im presently living in central indiana I love metal detecting.
i have a terrible md at this moment its called a treasure hunter 3030 or a gc1010
which ever you prefer to call it lol i call it junk. im working on upgrading to an xtera 505 or f2 kit combo. i md about 4 times a week. so far i have found a 1909 miners token ingles currency first day out >=) a 1938 buffalo head nickle a 1903 Indian head penny and some kinda Chinese currency along with about 40 dollars in clad and a few pounds of pop tops

also was told to let you know that some feller names spike sent me! :cool:

del
08-29-2011, 02:40 AM
hello David and welcome to the forum ;) , Spike is a good guy . i hope you get your upgrade soon as nobody like to hunt with a machine their not happy with . theres alot of reading to do on the various machines and just ask a few questions if your not sure about one .glad you could be with us .

Dan

randy
08-29-2011, 04:53 AM
Welcome from Chester County, PA

aloldstuff
08-29-2011, 09:02 AM
Welcome from western ma. NIce that you can hunt 4 time a week. Looking forward to your posts.

Spike
08-29-2011, 10:50 AM
You found us you will love this forum the guys on here will go out of there way to help you with whatever you need thumbsup01

coinnut
08-29-2011, 10:54 AM
Welcome aboard from western MA. It seems like you are hooked on detecting already, so no need for pep talks lol If you can find those items already with your current machine, Spike better watch out when you get a better one :cheesysmile: Nice to have you mortifercain.

Tony Two-Cent
08-29-2011, 11:50 AM
Hello from central Illinois, David, and welcome to the forum! Glad to have you here! It sounds like you are doing OK with that junk machine. Keep us updated with your progress!

Tony

JTGOLD
08-29-2011, 04:54 PM
heres another big welcome from central Illinois,, WELCOME !

kamogawa
09-01-2011, 05:01 PM
Hey David - Welcome Aboard!

I hunted Indianapolis for over a decade. It was always such a great place for detecting because I never ran out of places to search. It was virtually unlimited. And you never really had to go too far. The most interesting was the old Riverside Amusement Park before it was torn down. It was like time had stood till. The tall wooden roller coaster was a bit on the spooky side while detected next to it. I'm sure the early people to detect the grounds came out with pocketfuls of silver.

Did you end up getting a new detector?

Brian

Jeff (or)
09-03-2011, 01:53 PM
Hi David, glad to have you here. :beerbuddy:

jkress
09-03-2011, 09:40 PM
Welcome to American Detectorist mortifercain. :clapping: Glad to have you here with us.
You have been doing very well with your machine. Some nice ones under your belt already.
Looking forward to your posts.

MassDirtFisher
09-04-2011, 01:50 PM
Welcome to the forum David from Westfield Massachusetts. Happy Hunting!! Best of luck to you on future finds!!

russellt
09-04-2011, 03:41 PM
welcome aboard from athens ga .