PDA

View Full Version : COLONIAL HOME KEEPS ON GIVING*LC,SILVER & IH

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-29-2011, 07:36 PM
at 3pm shot up to the red colonial still up for sale guess the sale still aint final so,on a whim i said lemme give it another shot. i don't know how i missed this stuff but i'm sure the soaking rain played a part in lettin em see daylight again.i know i covered this area well since all the coins were found under a huge maple.previous hunts produced silver under this maple.it's pretty iron infested the whole yard.the merc was in the hole with the iron in the pic and still gleaming with mint luster! the conestoga bell was down the bank in the woods laying right on top of ground.a nice 3 hour after work hunt! 1849 LC,1942 merc,silver war nickel,1907 IH and 3 wheaties

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-29-2011, 07:36 PM
more pics

del
08-29-2011, 07:41 PM
great little after work hunt Dave ;) , this is why George and i say keep hitting those old sites as the ground conditions are always changing . congrats on the large copper. :peace:

aloldstuff
08-30-2011, 01:24 PM
That merc is beautiful. Nice LC, a war nickel, IH and wheats. So I am really thinking tonight I gotta back to some of my sites as the ground should be still damp deep down. Congrats on all your finds

tanacat
08-30-2011, 04:27 PM
Are you gonna clean up that LC or what?! >:/

lol remember Joe's 2 center or was it a shield nickel you were wanting him to go and clean it already...

sniffy
08-30-2011, 06:36 PM
Nice score there Davey Crockett. King of the copper frontier. :girlcry: