PDA

View Full Version : My best silver weekend in a long time

Spike
08-29-2011, 08:08 PM
Was driving through town and seen that they going to tear down a BIG old house that I always wanted to hunt so found out who owned it asked them and they said YES <: so before the first of two of my girls soccer games I made a quick walk around and was not finding anything and then looked at the next house not near as old was being tore down too for the parking lot. After soccer games I hit the back yard of that house and :omg: silver was popping up in three hunts I found 3quarters 6 mercs 2 rose 2 pendants and a very neat I think civil war button its alot bigger than the others I have found. The 43 quarter could someone compare the 3 to on of theirs and see if its double struck. It was a in town E-trac hunt was good to get the dust off of it all I have been hunting is fields thumbsup01

milco
08-29-2011, 11:03 PM
Timing is everything and location, location, location! Congrats to you on seizing that opportunity and making the best of it, congrats on all that shiny coinage! |:confused:)

dave in iowa
08-29-2011, 11:08 PM
great hunt , ive found a few of those style buttons , i think it is more ww1. but im no expert

aloldstuff
08-30-2011, 07:12 AM
Nice silver haul. Glad you were able to get permisson for that tear down. Congrats on a great hunt.

switch
08-30-2011, 07:29 AM
Wicked. :drool:

JTGOLD
08-30-2011, 08:45 AM
very nice silver hunt,wtg......also the double strike is on only the S mint,to me yours doesn't look like a double strike,take it to a coin store and get it checked to be sure.