PDA

View Full Version : Definition Of Full Dig Video?

MartinL
08-30-2011, 02:21 AM
To me, a full dig video should include the beeps, and then the dig. Martin

Vito
08-30-2011, 04:05 AM
I'm with you, Martin. =)

http://i191.photobucket.com/albums/z4/metaldetectingguy/MXT-Hunt2010-05-27_2.gif

kamogawa
08-30-2011, 05:30 PM
Me agree! It especially helps in analyzing the pinpointing process.

Dimeman
08-30-2011, 06:45 PM
In my opinion a complete full dig would be scanning and getting a target, pinpointing it, digging it up,showing the item, and showing the hole covered back up.

aloldstuff
09-01-2011, 01:04 PM
I agree with everybody. Dimeman has the whole process down.

jkress
09-02-2011, 09:05 PM
Wouldn't leave a whole lot of time left to detect if every detail was documented.
Most times I don't even stop to take a still photo. lol But I do bring my camera along in case I find a big ol' gold coin. :cheesysmile:
I do appreciate all the time people spend shooting video, processing it and uploading it for all of us to enjoy. thumbsup01

Ill Digger
09-02-2011, 09:08 PM
Well the way I've at least I thought a full dig is the act of digging the target. :dontknow: If the filmer decides to show signals and VDIs and pin pointing that would be an extra :yes: lol I just did a video and I called it
Two days Full Digs with Silver here it is. I have a few targets that I consider full digs.
Two Days Full Digs with Silver (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgKpYzLXgn0&feature=player_embedded#)

So are these not full digs? :huh: :->

Jason in Enid
09-12-2011, 09:42 AM
I think a full dig could be expanded to include everything from the beep forward, but it doesn't have to. A full dig should at least have the ground-breaking onward.

Yes, it takes a LOT of time to setup and record from the beep, or even from the dig, but it gives a full experience and lets the viewer feel that anticipation build.

Dimeman
09-12-2011, 10:26 AM
With some of the new camcorders that you can mount almost anywhere( on your head, on your detector, chest mount) you can video full digs without even handling the camera except to turn it on and off. ;)