PDA

View Full Version : First Ocean Yellow

cdv
08-30-2011, 07:17 PM
and I was scared too, saw 14k on it then FG.... and thought how fitting, fools gold....LOL then I did some searching the net to see it meant Frederick Goldman, Inc.....Yippie.

Third day here at the beach, and first real time in salt water. Finally figured out the tide tables I printed out were from last year....Duh! no wonder it wasn't low when I thought it was going to be. So that figured out, I timed today's searching to coincide with low tide....I hadn't gone 10 feet into the water off shore and got a faint hit.... 4 scoops later and I saw yellow. Appears to be a mans ring with 5 chips of diamond (OR CZ) but I would think that they would be real if it is from Frederick Goldman, Inc. Guess I will buy a diamond checker.

I learned a few lessons..... One, if you aren't used to wearing flip flops, DON'T DO IT!.... I have blisters all over my feet and I'm not sure what the heck I'm going to do the rest of the week... I have scuba shoes and I have been wearing them but the blisters I have now could put a damper on the rest of the week... Lesson two.... IF you get hit by a wave, the detector shaft DOES NOT make a good crutch..... I bent the shaft...... luckily it bent back but I'm afraid I'll need a new one after this week. Third lesson is work slow.. I learned this tonight when I had trouble walking with the flip flops... I was going over an area I had already hit and I found more stuff (not good but stuff none the less) working it slowly.... it may just save the week out in the water. Forth lesson, bottle caps have wings.... and can swim away from a scoop........ I chased one for about twenty minutes and the three foot water was suddenly a whole lote deeper.... what a hole I dug but I got that sucker!

Below are photos of stuff found so far minus all the bottle caps, bobbie pins, hooks and misc. crap.... now on to the rest of the week...

Cliff

aloldstuff
08-31-2011, 06:43 AM
Congrats on the gold and sorry about the flip flop experience. Nice post

SeabeeRon
08-31-2011, 08:01 PM
Nice looker!! :cool:

JTGOLD
09-03-2011, 01:27 PM
very nice gold ring and a good hunt.

firstring
09-04-2011, 10:06 AM
Awesome gold. One question, though. Did you take off the flip flops before you did your happy dance?

ownjeep
02-11-2012, 09:57 AM
Very nice :perfect10:

Fire Fighter 43
02-11-2012, 02:18 PM
Congrats on a great hunt and the gold!! |:cheering:

Cheap Thrills
02-11-2012, 03:25 PM
:wow: Thrills ,spills and adventures glad things didn't get worse . Nice going on the sweet gold ring .

fsa46
02-12-2012, 05:55 AM
Nice looking first . thumbsup01 How many have you found since August ?

CODY
02-13-2012, 07:45 AM
Sweet ring. Congrats

skrapman
02-14-2012, 07:00 PM
congrats on the gold, <: is the other ring silver? That one looks good also. I too cannot wear flip flops or teva's for that matter. :white:usaflag::