PDA

View Full Version : Morning hunt at new park with Dave

jkress
08-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Dave and I decided to try an old park this morning that neither one of us had been too. Small park in a small Iowa town.
The place sure looked promising when we arrived. Nice old trees, no obvious signs of fill dirt and the park was in the center of this town. Everything seemed to line up for a potentially great hunt.

But, as many times as it goes... the hunt went in the other direction. crying01 It was a struggle to find anything older than 1965.
I stuck to an area that was littered with iron trash. Hoping there were several coins sticking out just enough to catch
a glimpse of. I did find one nice quarter that gave me a peep of it's presence.
The nail came out with the same handful of soil as the quarter.
http://homepage.mac.com/j.kress/AmericanDetectorist2011/pictures/picture-139.jpg

A very tough couple hour hunt. Not even any wheat cents. This is how it goes sometimes. :yes: The thrill of the hunt. :smitten:

Spike
08-30-2011, 08:03 PM
The thrill is right and when you pull a good coin out with junk it lets you know that your not missing much thumbsup01 Its just one quarter but one knowone else could find ;)

jkress
08-30-2011, 08:56 PM
Its just one quarter but one knowone else could find ;)

:thinkingabout: ... I've never thought of it like that before. <: Thanks for the new perspective.

dave in iowa
08-30-2011, 08:58 PM
It was a bust Joe , but a good time , always good to get out and hunt with you my friend , so maybe friday if its not to hot , monday looks to be 75 degrees out , .....

JTGOLD
08-30-2011, 09:21 PM
nice silver find,wtg.

jkress
08-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Thanks JT!

It was a bust Joe , but a good time , always good to get out and hunt with you my friend , so maybe friday if its not to hot , monday looks to be 75 degrees out , .....

Oh well. :dontknow: Mornings like this are what make the good ones fun. :yes: Saw three more State Patrols running radar on the way home. :shocked04:
Friday filled in for me by the time today ended. Booked a shoot but will be done by 5:30... probably too close to when you go on stage. :confused:
How's Saturday look?

dave in iowa
08-30-2011, 10:41 PM
early gigs on sat. and sunday , my next day free is monday , have to check with the boss lol will be cooler too, 90s the next few days it says

aloldstuff
08-31-2011, 06:31 AM
Isn't it great when you get to a promising site and.........hey at least you got a nice old quarter. Congrats

randy
08-31-2011, 05:16 PM
Love those silver quarters. Hopefully you will be able to root another silver or two out of that site.

OxShoeDrew
08-31-2011, 05:24 PM
:thinkingabout: ... I've never thought of it like that before. <: Thanks for the new perspective.

I couldn't find that quarter next to that nail if it had a large neon sign with an arrow pointing down that said dig here. Nice piece of digging.

milco
08-31-2011, 09:20 PM
Nice score on the silver quarter, yes it is gratifying knowing you pulled something out that no previous hunter has!

pulltabsteve
09-01-2011, 04:48 PM
You did well Joe! Most people would have skipped over that nail laying next to a nice piece of silver :grin: Its good to see you still getting out and digging some cool finds thumbsup01 Hope all is well with you.

Cheap Thrills
09-01-2011, 05:49 PM
A nice silver quarter makes a great day , for some of us a nice month . lol thumbsup01