PDA

View Full Version : 3 COPPER DAY* HALF CENT & SILVER

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-30-2011, 07:54 PM
stopped at a 1820's home and got permission to do the yard.so many targets,alot of brass ones.i'd have to spend weeks in this yard to pull all the signals.i only hit the front yard dug the 1850's braided hair large cent,a 1941 merc,a cool drink token(note hospital is mispelled)a few wheaties & a old junk ring.
the owner had to leave & said i'm welcome to come back providing he's home.
had a feeling the site i dug the 1834 capped bust half dime had some more to offer and headed there.
my feeling was right! a 1835 matron head LC & a 1807? draped bust half cent.a couple tombacs & A oxknob! was gettin dark & called it a day! on the way home stopped at a 1810 house and chit chatted with the owner got the green light to call him sunday and possibly detect the yard on labor day if he's home.lookin forward to that yard

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-30-2011, 07:56 PM
more pics

del
08-30-2011, 08:13 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: what a great hunt Dave :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: boy its nice to see another half cent again :peace:

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-30-2011, 08:19 PM
:shocked04: :shocked04:stretcher: what a great hunt Dave :clapping: :clapping: :clapping: boy its nice to see another half cent again :peace:
yep it sure was nice to see it! about 10 yards away from where G found his.thanks man!
Dan i know the half cent is shot but,is this a die variety? see the half cent words? kinda uneven

OxShoeDrew
08-30-2011, 08:26 PM
Man, I bet the old houses are easier to detect than bushwhacking out to some cellar hole...good luck this weekend.

sniffy
08-30-2011, 08:45 PM
I really wish I had your time. |:confused:)

jkress
08-30-2011, 09:06 PM
Man... the incredible stuff you find on a regular basis is simply mind blowing. :shocked04:
I can certainly see why those large coppers are such a sought after treasure by you, Dan and George. :smitten:
I have only found one and that was earlier this year. It was in awful shape. crying01 I'm hoping my next
specimen will be in nice shape.
Congrats HMN. |:confused:)

HEAVYMETALNUT
08-30-2011, 09:12 PM
Man... the incredible stuff you find on a regular basis is simply mind blowing. :shocked04:
I can certainly see why those large coppers are such a sought after treasure by you, Dan and George. :smitten:
I have only found one and that was earlier this year. It was in awful shape. crying01 I'm hoping my next
specimen will be in nice shape.
Congrats HMN. |:confused:)

thanks man! actually Dan,George,sniffy & myself are really after colonial silver,spanish,draped bust etc silver but these pesky corroded coppers are all we seem to dig. it gets frustrating i tell ya!right fella's? ;) keep at it ! i pray your next copper is a good one! tough to pull em in nice condition and it's definitely rewarding to see a nice one come out after all the hiking & hard work ya put into these sites.you'll get one!

MassDirtFisher
08-30-2011, 10:15 PM
Congrats on snagging some history from the dirt. Sweet coins and relics!! Happy Hunting!!

aloldstuff
08-31-2011, 06:41 AM
Wish I could experience your frustration with those crusty coppers. Very nice hunting.

RobW
08-31-2011, 12:38 PM
Some Freakin Wicked finds! Awsome!...as always :clapping:

randy
08-31-2011, 05:15 PM
Great hunt and great photos as always thumbsup01

wild willy
09-03-2011, 03:29 AM
crusty is crusty but ya gotta love finding a half cent. thats gotta be rewarding. willy

jkress
09-03-2011, 09:53 PM
actually Dan,George,sniffy & myself are really after colonial silver,spanish,draped bust etc silver

Ahhh... things I dare not dream of yet. :daydream:

Heck, you guys probably still find the occasional Seated and Barbers in pocket change out there. lol :poke: