PDA

View Full Version : Weekday Silver

z118
08-31-2011, 08:52 PM
A few more evening hunts at the sweet spot this week yielded a '41 Merc and a '44 War nickel in addition to a few wheats. Things are wrapping up at this spot; if I get a chance I'll put some totals together and post a summary.

I got out tonight looking to get back into some of my usual spots. I headed to one of my best locations. I've hunted here some 40+ times over the past few summers. Sadly I was only there long enough to dig two dimes before I was asked to leave. The guy was very nice about it, indicating that they could not have all manner of folks digging on the grounds. I saw no point in arguing and took my leave. I'm not sure I won't go back again anyway only during some more off hours. After that disappointing event I wasn't sure where to go so I wound up trying one of those places Ive had in the back of my mind for some time. It was very quiet and peaceful which is just what I like. I picked a lousy signal to dig, it was ringing up as 12-15 and sounded a bit inconsistent and wonky.. I figured there was an off chance it would be a nickel and I wanted to see what the dirt was like anyway. It turned out to be a small silver cross (stamped beau-ster on the back). I know small silver will ring up low but this still surprised me. I hunted for another hour or so and wound up with a bit of clad, two wheats, and a '39 nickel. I'll certainly hit this spot again.

I'm hoping to get in some good hunts over the next two evening and the holiday weekend.

Happy hunting!

JTGOLD
08-31-2011, 09:04 PM
nice silver and wheat finds,wtg.

aloldstuff
09-01-2011, 07:15 AM
Nice hunting, I always like digging silver crosses. Looks like off hours is the way to go. Congrats on all your finds

Cheap Thrills
09-01-2011, 10:29 AM
Great stuff a nice variety of finds . thumbsup01 thumbsup01

randy
09-01-2011, 06:35 PM
Congrats on the silver. Surprised to see a silver cross at 12-15.

bob_e99
09-01-2011, 06:43 PM
Another nice hunt. Sorry to hear about being asked to leave and as you know, it happened to me earlier this week at the spot I like to go to after supper. I must have thin skin because for some reason (and the guy was nice about it) it took the starch out of my desire to hunt for a short time.

In any case, I'm also really surprised to see the cross ring up at 12-15. That's very interesting. I'm quite sure that you'll be hitting that spot again.

PL8MAN
09-01-2011, 06:51 PM
Very nice finds thumbsup01