PDA

View Full Version : A first for me

Civil War Nut
08-31-2011, 09:19 PM
Hidy to all . And my autmost regrets to all you folks on the east coast . Here are my last two hunts . First is part of a three prong fork , I have never found one like this nor can I find one in two of my books . It is made of brass or copper and has a knife on one side , has a name on it but cant make it out . So Del. and all you experts need help on it ! six rim fire casens , I think the -H- stands for Henry , two .58 cal. minnies , small bullet didnt mike it about a .41 or .44 cal. , looks like a watch stem , two buttons the one on the left has writing on it but cant make it out the one on the right is a two piece has a back like the 1850s , gold plated wedding band , 52-dime , three wheats & 1897 IH . Still hoter than h*** and the ground is like rock . Hope yall enjoy not much . But the corn is starting to get cut , not that I like corn fields .

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-01-2011, 06:47 AM
very nice relics! is that a watch winder? never seen a fork like that either :shocked04:

aloldstuff
09-01-2011, 07:19 AM
Nice hunting, don't discount corn fields. That is a weird looking fork.

OxShoeDrew
09-01-2011, 08:15 AM
Wow...all that with a dry ground. Nice hunting.

Civil War Nut
09-01-2011, 08:28 AM
very nice relics! is that a watch winder? never seen a fork like that either :shocked04:
Hidy Heavy . It looks like a watch stem , but I cant say for sure . I would like to find something out on the fork . Good luck hunting .

del
09-01-2011, 03:18 PM
hey CWN , i agree with Dave on the watch winder piece thumbsup01 a very neat item . your fork/knife combo is an odd one in that i've only seen one other but it was more modern . yours looks pre 1900's and maybe as old as the 1840's or 50's and is very possible that it was a CW soldiers eating utensil . wish you could get the makers mark or name from it as that would definately narrow it down , its a cool interesting piece . :yes:

Dan

Civil War Nut
09-02-2011, 10:14 PM
hey CWN , i agree with Dave on the watch winder piece thumbsup01 a very neat item . your fork/knife combo is an odd one in that i've only seen one other but it was more modern . yours looks pre 1900's and maybe as old as the 1840's or 50's and is very possible that it was a CW soldiers eating utensil . wish you could get the makers mark or name from it as that would definately narrow it down , its a cool interesting piece . :yes:

Dan
Hidy Del . Pull up Kniorks , Or One armed man fork or Admiral Nelson It should tell you about it But mine is not like the one on the left . Mine has a desine and name on it . Other than that it is the same the fork on the right is cut just a about a 32sd deeper than the other . Just like mine .