PDA

View Full Version : First hunt of the year with great company.

John M
01-23-2010, 05:52 PM
Got out today for a nice relic hunt with the dynamic duo of Dan & George.
First things first.......Thanks guys I had a blast.
They were kind enough to let me tag along to a new site they had just found last week.After a short 20-30 minute walk in we came upon this huge cellar hole site,this place was out there. I did manage to get my coil over some nice relics but no coins today.
To my surprise I found two Civil war era Connecticut regiment buttons,one in nice shape the other pretty beat up.The rest of the take was the usual buckles,eating utensils,small bell,complete lantern top and an array of odds and ends.Took some quick pics but didn't dress them up.

Thanks again Dan & George and will see you guys again.

John M
01-23-2010, 05:54 PM
Some group shots.

MassDirtFisher
01-23-2010, 06:35 PM
Cool finds!! Great Buttons!! Congrats!!

angellionel
01-23-2010, 06:46 PM
Nice bunch of relics, John. It was a good day to get out to detect. No doubt you guys had a great time out.

randy
01-23-2010, 07:06 PM
Looks like alot of good digging. Glad you got out.

coinnut
01-23-2010, 07:10 PM
Hey John, Nice amount of gilt left on both those buttons. :yes: I'm surprised you didn't find the jacket to go with them buttons lol I've never seen that pattern on the back of your pewter spoon bowl. Wish that was complete! It was a good day relic hunting and glad we got to see you again. We'll be in touch.

del
01-23-2010, 07:33 PM
:shocked04:stretcher: great looking Connecticut state seal button John , to bad the other didn't fare as well . some cool relics my friend , that little crotal bell is a pretty old one you can tell by the top ( the hole wasn't drilled). congrats man . hey i'm glad you had a decent time and it was great to see ya get out and all of us detect together .

Dan

Epi-hunter
01-23-2010, 07:36 PM
Beautiful relics John! That 'dynamic duo' promised to take me out to a cellar hole this spring and I'm going to take them up on that! I will be hooked ;)

I love the button, and the rest of the finds too. What a great day!

HEAVYMETALNUT
01-23-2010, 09:55 PM
nice stuff john! the CT buttons are sweet! yeah those 2 guys are the best! love hunting with them!
a nice day out you guys! thumbsup01
dave

Snowy
01-23-2010, 10:13 PM
Oooh... nice looking relics! The lantern piece is nice to find intact like that. Good job digging it out!

sniffy
02-01-2010, 11:20 AM
Man those buttons are beautiful! I cant' wait to find something like these! crying01

leslie(nova scotia)
02-05-2010, 03:55 PM
From the land of the Bluenose.....nice scoff on the button and especially on.....getting out!