PDA

View Full Version : Day 5 at Myrtle

cdv
09-01-2011, 07:53 PM
Well, after the 4 ring day even though I had high hopes it never turned out as well but it was an interesting day none the less. I was up at 3 am for low tide and worked in the dark like a stumbling idiot but found some neat stuff. Glasses, an earring, shell casing (WWII Practice range at Myrtle?) and a heavy lump of black encrusted I don't know what.

Later in the morning, the wife and I hit a different section of the beach up the road and didn't do to well but I managed to pick up what I thought was a quarter but turned out to be a Ripley's token for the arcade and a hoop earring.

Back out again at 3pm for the 4 pm low tide and decided to try the Sand Shark in the normal mode... I had been using it in VCO and thought that now would be a good time to test it in normal. I was hitting the same beach I had found the 4 rings and wasn't sure I'd find anything with how hard I hit it yesterday. In the normal mode, I worked even slower than I thought was slow...could be cause my body is sore from 6-8 hours a day detecting... I hit more clad than I had normally at this part of the beach and then got two of my goals again all in one find. I picked up a set of dog tags with a girls class ring... So now the search will be on to find the owner so I can return them.

Only have two goals left for this week... Platinum and big gold with lots of large diamonds.... only 2 1/2 days left so I have to try to hold out physically...

Time for some recuperative sleep, 4 am is a short ways away....

Cliff

del
09-02-2011, 06:01 AM
not a bad (but a long one lol lol ) day ,Cliff . did you check out what the black encrusted item was :huh: and best of luck finding the owner of the ring and dog tags . i 'll be hoping for gold or platinum for ya in the morning. :beerbuddy:

aloldstuff
09-02-2011, 06:11 AM
Sounds like some good hunting. Many other people on the beach at that time in the AM? Hope you are able to return the class ring. Are you sure this is a vacation?

cdv
09-02-2011, 08:11 AM
Haven't broke open the black encrusted thing yet, that will wait till I get home. Slept in today and almost missed low tide. I am the only one on the beach detecting that early and it works for me. As for this being a vacation... to me it is.... and the wife says she is enjoying herself too.... hope she isn't fibbing...LOL

I found the owner of the dog tags on facebook, it was easy since he named his girlfriends name on facebook... it matches the name on the class ring.. He hasn't got back to me yet. He may still be down here on vacation.
I'll keep all posted as to the outcome.

Cliff

JTGOLD
09-03-2011, 01:36 PM
good luck on the return.