PDA

View Full Version : Day 6 more yellow &wife on the board with sliver

cdv
09-02-2011, 07:22 PM
Rough day today but it started out good. First off, I never use an alarm and never sleep past 4am due to work hours for me... well I'm so tired I slept in till 5:30 and low tide was at 6am. I jumped out of bed and took off nearly forgeting my scoop. After about 200 yards of shoreline, I hit gold, 10k with 28 diamonds (I hope) it looks to be an older ring so that is why I'm holding out hopes for diamonds not CZ. Markings in it are 10k 8*..... I've searched but cannot find what the star means.

Tonight, the wife and I took off for another part of the beach and ran into two others detecting, one had a huge gold band (mans) 14k and it was larger than my thumb and a good 1/2 wide! I blanked out for the evening but the wife hit a blanket spill and her first silver of the trip, She almost threw the earring out in the trash but I said it would look good in the picture. When we got back I found the .925 on the clasp... it made her day.

This beach was he__ to dig in, it was almost all shells and I was in bare feet.... hardest time down here yet and I won't be going back to that area any time soon.

Only 3 more low tides to go before I go back to being a working person.... :-(

Cliff

del
09-02-2011, 07:38 PM
:happydance01: happydance02 he Cliff congrats to you and the wife , you two make quite the team . very sweet looking ring , heres to those rocks being real :beerbuddy:

jkress
09-02-2011, 09:27 PM
Silver and gold... the two of you found all the good stuff on the hunts. :clapping:
Great bunch of keepers. Good luck on the stones.

JTGOLD
09-03-2011, 01:41 PM
nice gold and nice silver for the lady too,wtg.you two.

firstring
09-04-2011, 10:01 AM
Great recoveries. Nice outing at the beach. The glint of shiny things being dug always warms the cockles of my heart. Keep it up.

aloldstuff
09-06-2011, 09:59 AM
I had asked you before if this was a vacation.....seing that you are finding gold and silver, I'd say so. Congrats on all your finds

cdv
09-06-2011, 04:37 PM
I had asked you before if this was a vacation.....seing that you are finding gold and silver, I'd say so. Congrats on all your finds

Sorry aloldstuff, I was having trouble just managing to post while down Myrtle. Yes it was a vacation although most wouldn't think so with the hours I put in detecting.... I normally get up early for work, most days I'm at work prior to 5am so when I woke up, I figured I could listen to the wife sleep until 7 OR go detecting.... so I put in loads of hours in the dark(one day up and out at 2am). Then of course, I had to take the missus out in the am prior to it getting to hot.... then again later in the day for low tide.... Heck I pretty much detected all day... when the wife wanted to go in the ocean, I said ok.... and took the detector!
Can you say fanatic?

LOL

cnr_dogs
09-26-2011, 08:25 AM
Good hunt the 2 of you had WTG on the fun digging

Shipwreck
11-05-2011, 09:12 PM
Good One