PDA

View Full Version : couple of silvers today

randy
01-23-2010, 06:52 PM
Went to a new site for me today -- an old school bldg with baseball fields that show up on the 1930s aerials.

Hit the field where the oldest field was (it isn't there now), and worked the first and third baselines, nada, not even much clad. I guess its a pretty obvious target, and has been pounded pretty hard. Then went to random spots in the outfield, finally hit a really beat up wheatie, concentrated on that area, and got good ol' George 6 inches down.

Kept moving randomly around, and nailed the merc as the last target of the day. One of those you just knew was silver when you hit it. Deep, small dig me signal. You know what I'm talkin' about :yes: 2 and a half hours total hunt time.

Ground was frozen for about 25% of the targets, otherwise mostly thawed. Supposed to be in the 50s tomorrow :) I was glad I got out -- spur of the moment hunt as I am recovering from a back injury, but felt good enough to go and it was just driving me crazy that it was warm enough to hunt and I was stuck at home. I feel fortunate that I was able to get out this time of year.

Epi-hunter
01-23-2010, 06:53 PM
Wow, nice silver! thumbsup01 Congratulations on getting out and finding silver in the dead of winter! That site definitely warrants hitting again.

coinnut
01-23-2010, 06:58 PM
Two nice silver hits and a new place to detect....sounds like a good day to me :yes:

angellionel
01-23-2010, 07:13 PM
Those are nice pieces Randy. thumbsup01

del
01-23-2010, 07:44 PM
very good two silver day in my book , Randy .

big congrats to ya