PDA

View Full Version : Saturday Afternoon Hunt with Rob and Al

MassDirtFisher
09-04-2011, 01:38 PM
We all met around noonish, had a beer , and went on our way, Rob secured permission to hunt a sweet old 1700's house in the hills, not much there found by me, a few clad coins and a wheat. Rob scored a nice cuff button and Al scored a nice colonial cloak button, and a nice silver plated sash buckle. We then stumbled upon a nice old school , had nice colonial rock walls on one side, with those sweet old stones that could write a book, they have seen everything. We tried our luck, I dug a wheat and a nice button, that has NOSTRA ESX DEVS SPECS- From what I understand it was a british button..I guess it means GOD IS OUR ONLY HOPE. Button experts please BUZZ in and help me out. The back is totally encrusted, so it will sit in oil for a bit. After hitting the school we tried some freestyling , that just means door knocking....It was my turn, we pulled into a 1700's farm house and I ring the bell, and a 6 foot 4 man appears holding a crow bar....I ask if we could detect his property, and he kindly said NO. Well , it never hurts to ask, Better luck next time. Thanks for looking, And Happy Hunting Everyone!!!

HEAVYMETALNUT
09-04-2011, 05:12 PM
Oh man six four and a crowbar! :shocked04: nice hunt despite soiling your shorts! :embarrassed: hope ya get an ID on the button

OxShoeDrew
09-04-2011, 05:32 PM
I see that exact buckle a lot. Even found one. Do you know what it is for? I'm glad you had fun today. The guy maybe thought you had a flat. :)

del
09-04-2011, 09:13 PM
hey Tim ,that design is a popular one with modern jackets or windbreaker types to confirm your button's age i'll have to see the back and is it a one or two piece ??
the buckle looks like a mid to late 1800's horse tack type.

Dan

Cheap Thrills
09-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Nice hunt . Crowbar eh ? Probably an ex-felon and not allowed to posses a firearm . lol

MassDirtFisher
09-04-2011, 09:22 PM
Appears to be a two piece. Hope these pics help Dan, but it has only been soaking for a few hours. Will keep the button soaking to try to get a backmark.

del
09-05-2011, 05:23 PM
Tim it looks to have a rusted back (steelback) those type of buttons really started to happen around the turn of the century (1900's) when it got much cheaper than using all brass or copper . it would be almost impossible to really pin down an age but it looks pretty new (maybe within the last 40 years or so ).

Dan

MassDirtFisher
09-05-2011, 10:10 PM
Thanks for the info Dan.

aloldstuff
09-06-2011, 08:02 AM
Tim, nice hunting with you and Rob. Congrats on your finds and it looks like we will be without Rob for about two weeks.

RobW
09-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Nice time out....exploring

Tim, you get all the fun ones.....the guy with the crowbar....the German Shepard (we at least pulled the car closer for you to jump into rofl)

MassDirtFisher
09-06-2011, 04:44 PM
Nice time out....exploring

Tim, you get all the fun ones.....the guy with the crowbar....the German Shepard (we at least pulled the car closer for you to jump into rofl)

I didnt even see that HUGE dog until after I got into the car. Freaking CUJO!!! We certainly have some adventures.

Civil War Nut
09-23-2011, 02:01 AM
We all met around noonish, had a beer , and went on our way, Rob secured permission to hunt a sweet old 1700's house in the hills, not much there found by me, a few clad coins and a wheat. Rob scored a nice cuff button and Al scored a nice colonial cloak button, and a nice silver plated sash buckle. We then stumbled upon a nice old school , had nice colonial rock walls on one side, with those sweet old stones that could write a book, they have seen everything. We tried our luck, I dug a wheat and a nice button, that has NOSTRA ESX DEVS SPECS- From what I understand it was a british button..I guess it means GOD IS OUR ONLY HOPE. Button experts please BUZZ in and help me out. The back is totally encrusted, so it will sit in oil for a bit. After hitting the school we tried some freestyling , that just means door knocking....It was my turn, we pulled into a 1700's farm house and I ring the bell, and a 6 foot 4 man appears holding a crow bar....I ask if we could detect his property, and he kindly said NO. Well , it never hurts to ask, Better luck next time. Thanks for looking, And Happy Hunting Everyone!!!
Hidy MDF . Nice finds yall got there .

JTGOLD
09-27-2011, 11:28 AM
neat finds.