PDA

View Full Version : Icy Silver

angellionel
01-23-2010, 07:16 PM
I was at the park detecting when Bruce showed up to join in the hunt for old coins. We talked for a bit and then we hit the field. It was tough digging since much of the ground is still semi-frozen, but the park still released silver from its icy grip.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/January/silvercoins012310.jpg

It yielded several wheat cents as well.

http://www.angellionel.com/myfinds/2010/January/wheatcents012310.jpg

HH!

coinnut
01-23-2010, 07:23 PM
I was waiting to see if you got skunked :lol: 4 silvers is a good day's work. Look at them encrusted wheats :crying02: Hope you can get some dates from them, but the look old. At least 30's??

John M
01-23-2010, 07:31 PM
Grand slam on silvers.Nice way to beat a winters day.

del
01-23-2010, 07:42 PM
i guess you earned them treasures today with the cold temps this morning and the hard icy ground to deal with . you must have been very entertaining to the silver gods for them to reward you with four silver coins on this hunt . ;)

congrats Angel

angellionel
01-23-2010, 08:01 PM
I was waiting to see if you got skunked :lol: 4 silvers is a good day's work. Look at them encrusted wheats :crying02: Hope you can get some dates from them, but the look old. At least 30's??

I wasn't leaving that park unless I found at least one silver coin. :lol: The soil there isn't kind to the wheat cents. Two of them are dated 1937 and 1938, while some are in the 40's.

i guess you earned them treasures today with the cold temps this morning and the hard icy ground to deal with . you must have been very entertaining to the silver gods for them to reward you with four silver coins on this hunt . ;)

congrats Angel

Entertaining is right. :lol: With the layers I had on I must have looked like a walrus after feasting on a hoard of clams. And probably waddled like one as well. :lol:

hoser
01-23-2010, 08:43 PM
Nice going Angel. You are on your way to another banner year. Keep at it as long as you can bud. Lord only knows how bad I want to get out. :bummer: What process do you use to clean your wheaties? So far hot hydrogen peroxide works great for me up here.

randy
01-23-2010, 09:16 PM
Nice silver Angel. Supposed to be a bit warmer tomorrow -- maybe y'all will get a little thaw.

angellionel
01-23-2010, 10:00 PM
Nice going Angel. You are on your way to another banner year. Keep at it as long as you can bud. Lord only knows how bad I want to get out. :bummer: What process do you use to clean your wheaties? So far hot hydrogen peroxide works great for me up here.

I haven't cleaned any actually. Too much work. :lol: I just scrape off enough soil from a few to make out the dates and then stash them away until I can get to them sometime. :) I do hope you are able to get out soon. :yes:

bmattioli
01-23-2010, 10:04 PM
It was tough digging out there but you still found the Silver.. I'll definitley remember our talk.. ;) ;)

Snowy
01-23-2010, 10:12 PM
Nice... warmer weather is coming and almost 50 degrees this coming Monday, but all rain here.
Should help thaw some ground, though!